Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I’ve decided to replace the steering linkage. Looks like the HD Rugged Ridge setup is not that much more than stock parts. I do remember seeing that there were some issues with it, like ends that wear out quickly and are no longer available? I tried the search but no luck.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Just to be clear on this, what are you considering steering linkage ? Tie Rod and drag link ?

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Don't buy the Rugged Ridge kit. The rod ends are crap, will wear out fast, and Rugged Ridge is the only source for replacements. And, their warranty does not cover the tie rod ends. I contacted Moog and a few other chassis part manufacturers, no one makes replacements for the Rugged Ridge stuff. I was able to find one end, but not the other.

I am using a kit from OK Tire and Auto. Beefy tubes but they use the stock CJ rod ends, so easy to find replacement parts. Their rod end wore out in 10k miles, so I installed NAPA replacement rod ends, over 30k hard miles, no problems.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Not flipping the rods at this point. Spankrjs, that was what I remembered but couldn’t verify. I think I’ll just stick with the stock setup for now- it should serve me fine with 31” tires.

MomoJeep

Basic User
CJ-8.com Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
I've got 265-16R75's right now (32X10). I'm planning to go to 33x12's for summer use. I wonder how long my stock linkage will hold up with 33's.. !?