• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Saw this on my Facebook feed, wonder what she'll bring?

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Pretty cool looking ! Definitely would want to see it before tossing a bid at it though

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
Russllville
State
TN
Pretty cool looking ! Definitely would want to see it before tossing a bid at it though
Yea I see rust in the common places. Kinda surprises me on a fire truck, they are generally kept inside in the dry and for the most part stay clean. Wonder what the frame looks like?

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yea I see rust in the common places. Kinda surprises me on a fire truck, they are generally kept inside in the dry and for the most part stay clean. Wonder what the frame looks like?
You never know. Could have been road hard and put to bed wet many a time.

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
Russllville
State
TN
You never know. Could have been road hard and put to bed wet many a time.
Or like my '82 Laredo, carefully driven to church on Sundays by a little ole lady down a very salty back road . Funny thing is it's true. I don't know what they treat the roads with in Virginia but that shit would eat the nuts off a brass monkey.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

i thought that same thing. Frame does look good from the couple underside pictures.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Actually I would expect it to be in worse shape if it was used as a true brush truck.
The choice of tires makes me think they may have been.
Our department used deuce and a half's for brush trucks. They spent more miles in the woods/fields than on the road.
We used city water in the tanks, but the addition of Class A foam wreaked havoc on the beds and frames.
They were heavily used during our brush fire seasons and we spent many late night/early mornings rinsing them down after the fun was through.
They spent their entire lives outside.