• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler Build #2 for me(The Lucky Rabbit foot Scrambler)

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
After selling the Orange Scrambler my son was not very happy with me at all. I said to him we would find one one day to do, and after looking it was my son that found this one. He was on his way home from his last day of school for the summer and his grand mother took a different way from school to or house and he saw it sitting out in front of a house and got his grandmother to stop and let him get the number off it and take a few cell pics.so when his mother got home from work he showed her the pics and then later me and we called and went over and worked out a deal with the man. It had been seeting for 16 years and only been drove around in the yard. It had very little rust, I took body off to just paint the frame and under the body and no rust to be found just wire brush and repainted it and will soon start puting it back together. all of the body bolts just came right out. It was the Luckey rabbit foot we found in the inside of the heater when we took it apart to clean and replace the heater hose. We are going to put the rabbit foot back in the jeep after we finsh it and get it back on the road. It is no way this scrambler should be as rust free as it is for the east cost. It has to be the rabbit foot. Or someone looking out for us to find it.

newscrambler002-1.jpg

newscrambler008-1.jpg

scrambler0617012-1.jpg

scrambler0617008-1.jpg

ScramblerBuild2001-1.jpg

ScramblerBuild2011-1.jpg

ScramblerBuild2006-1.jpg

rabbitfoot002-1.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I love stories like that. I've thought of putting little easter eggs like that around my house or in my jeep so that some new owner could find them every once in a while. I had a small spike antler in my glove box, but had to pull the box when I put my TBI in. The heater box is a good idea ;)

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
That Scrambler is in amazing condition. I saw it in person, the frame had VA clay all inside of it...that seemed to keep any oxygen(rust) out. Good luck with the resto Curtis, let me know if you need anything.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
That Scrambler is in amazing condition. I saw it in person, the frame had VA clay all inside of it...that seemed to keep any oxygen(rust) out. Good luck with the resto Curtis, let me know if you need anything.

Ditto!

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Just been to hot to do much but been trying to, Got the dash and new wireing in, and got the new motor ready to drop in when the frame gets back from getting the axles done, work on them in my buddys ac shop. just a few pics, Would like some thoughts on just repainting the front or getting it line-x done, what would you folks do????
jeeptub001-1.jpg

jeeptub002-1.jpg

jeeptub004-1.jpg

jeeptub005-1.jpg

rguest3

Legacy Registered User
City
Sarasota
State
FL
Highly recommend the Line-X product. Check out my build. (1984 Scrambler build begins)

Body Tub - Inside Kevlar Color (Line-X Extra) matched the body color and did Lixe-X Black underneath and inner fenders too.

Might want to bead blast and epoxy coat prior to, to really do it right.

Line-X is a Very good sound deadner, seals and protects very well and looks great! Can't go wrong.

Last edited:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Curtis,

bumping you to the top!

Went and saw Curtis's jeep today, Looking good! Helped him with with a couple wiring issues. post us a picture of those front hubs.

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Thanks so much for you help, I had to change the wiper motor out to the one you was messing with, never could get that one to work.
Just a few pics of the center caps i had to make fit ovewr the big hubs, I have made or made mods to a lot of things i should of took pics of . Here is a few pics tell i can get it outside and take a few more this weekend.
jeephubs002-1.jpg

jeephubs001-1.jpg

jeephubs007-1.jpg

bumpers i made
jeephubs004-1.jpg

jeephubs006-1.jpg

jeephubs003-1.jpg

jeephubs008-1.jpg

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Looking Good!

mike_bfdr

Basic User
City
riverside
State
ca
good work so far i likes......

if your plan on doing a DIY spray in bed liner i would highly recommend using stuff called "Raptor Truck Bed Liner" by U-Pol
this stuff works great
DSCN0638-1.jpg

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
well it's on the road, and runs some kind of good, The 410 rears are spot on with the T-177 thats right a T-177 i got from chop shop. it has a new jasper motor i got ready to go in with headers and a 38 webber for a song and dance.
Scrambler001-1.jpg

Scrambler002-1.jpg

Scrambler005-1.jpg

Scrambler006-1.jpg

Scrambler007-1.jpg

Scrambler009-1.jpg