• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SCRAMBLER hood decal set group buy

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Alright folks, here we go. After talking to Eric (vendor discussions ongoing) and email after email, call after call to Ryan at Solar Imaging I've got some good news.

Ryan is ready to start taking orders for the letter sets. Here's what the set will contain:

2 "SCRAMBLER" hood letter decals on reflective Charcoal 3M vinyl
2 "Jeep" decals for the front fender sides*
1 "Jeep" decal for the tailgate*
1 "CJ-8.com" decal (pending Eric's design)

And now the good news... Prices.

If we have 1 to 24 sets paid for its $42 shipped.

If we get 25 or more the price drops to $31 a set shipped.

To order, call Ryan Srbljan (Sir-Blawn) or Jonathan Peppers at*614-626-8536*and reference the*CJ-8.com*Scrambler Decal set.*

They'll need:

credit card information, a forum member name (flashover604, etc., whatever your member name is here)
email address, and ship-to address if different than the billing card. Tracking Numbers will be provided. We'll let this run until interest dies down or two weeks, so*September 27th*will be the cutoff date.*After the 27th all of the orders will be processed at the correct price $42 or $31.

If you would, after you order please post here with how many sets you ordered so we know how close we are to the 25th set that will cut the price.

Thanks for you patience!

Last edited by a moderator:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Awesome-

Mods- can we "sticky" this until the buy-in period is over?

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
City
Newnan
State
ga
All the graphics will be the reflective material? What did the font on the hood decal end up looking like???

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I'll try to get a picture from Ryan tomorrow. It is the Arial font that was used originally. All the decals will be the reflective unless Big Walton has them do something different for the CJ-8.com decal.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Look at that moderator man go!!! :D

I expect that the cj-8.com decal will be different, it's not likely to just be a straight die cut, one-color decal.

fbeiii

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Warren
State
PA
I ordered a set this evening by emailing Jonathan Peppers after talking to him this afternoon.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Good deal. I'm still waiting for a proof of all the decals to post here. Nothing will be charged until we are ready to have the entire order run, that way you don't get charged $42 then refunded $11 if we get to 25 sets.

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
Why are they reflective? Were they reflective from the factory?

Karl

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I think it just happens to be the REALLY cool material that got us started here is reflective. We should post a pic!

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Here is the materiel on a Boss Mustang. I do not have a picture of it as the SCRAMBLER set.

http://

I saw it in a shop that restores old Mustangs. It's a one-off decal that I thought looked pretty cool and would look awesome as Scrambler hood letters. I posted up here to see if there was any interest in hood letters and folks wanted the fender and tailgate letters as well. I figure even at $42 a set I can afford one plus one for a spare if something scratches one up or I repaint the Jeep. If we get to $31 a set even better, I might get three. Here is the link to the original thread.

https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthre...eeler-SCRAMBLER-hood-letters-in-3M-reflective

Last edited:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Why are they reflective? Were they reflective from the factory?

Karl

There is a pic of the material on a Boss 302 in the original post to garner interest. Sorry I don't have the link.

Darn. Someone beat me to it.

Dain

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I ordered a set this evening by emailing Jonathan Peppers after talking to him this afternoon.

Looks like that puts us at three. I thought I could edit my original post to keep an accurate count, but I could only edit it for 1 day, so if a mod could either update count in the first post or delete it to avoid confusion I'd appreciate it!

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I'm hoping to stop by tomorrow and pick up both a PDF file for the proofs and the first working set of actual reflective decals. I hope to take them out Saturday and tape them temporarily on my Scrambler for a real-life view. I'm not going to apply them for good until I get the frame/rocker/bumper work done. I SHOULD be able to get pictures of the actual decals on the site tomorrow night.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I just heard from the graphics place the working set is going to be in plain black vinyl due to the higher cost of the reflective vinyl. I should have the set in hand around 1 o'clock and have pictures later this evening for everyone to look at and comment on the size and fonts.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Interested. Will order a set when we see the photos. Thanks for all your work on these. :wave: