• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler in Moab

Jan-Erik

Basic User
City
Oslo
State
AH
Some friends from JeepClub Norway went to the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab last week. They told me they saw quite a few sick Scramblers, but they just had to take some photos of this one!

Do anyone know who owns this one? Are there any photos from the build? It looks just amazing!

CIMG1379-1.jpg

CIMG1380-1.jpg

CIMG1381-1.jpg

CIMG1382-1.jpg

CIMG1383-1.jpg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I'll have to have a talk with my guard. He's not suppose to let people take pics of my Jeep!:crazy:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Comp Cut

That's the best looking comp cut for rear... I've ever seen.

He used the fender liners on front tube fenders...Like Jason.

Looks like from roll bar design that he can run a 1/2 hardtop.

Copper Cohiba

Basic User
City
Vancouver
State
BC
Thanks for sharing the photos Jan-Erik

Wonder who is going to own up to owning that? :bow:

One sweet ride.

Any more scrambler photos?

Copper

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
There were many Scramblers in Moab - spotted maybe 25. There were at least five from this board.

There were also quite a few wanabe's. LJ's and streched YJ's with half cabs.

The Scrambler is these pictures was a near show quality vehicle. There was a lot of detail. It was frequently viewable cruising main street or parked at the Moab Brewery - always spotless. I don't think it ever went near a trail.

A couple of the members of this board also had some exceptional looking Scramblers there; Jack Head(Jaxk) and Butch Clark (lineforman99). However, their Scramblers were also on the trails.

Later, Ken

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
ibscrmbln said:
... - always spotless. I don't think it ever went near a trail.

Ha, ha...that's funny!:rotfl: I wonder how far it traveled to cruise the pavement of Moab? :)

I do the same thing though. However, my '83 is a low-miles original-paint Laredo that is pristine.

BTW, how does one keep a truck spotless when the entire tire tread sticks outside the fenders? :D

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
its in the lastest issue of JP mag...

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Nice looking rig... although from an center of gravity standpoint that spare tire should be as close to the bed as possible. Wonder why they stuck the spare up so high.

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Nice looking rig... although from an center of gravity standpoint that spare tire should be as close to the bed as possible. Wonder why they stuck the spare up so high.
Well, the distance in the bed between the wheel wells is only 36", so there goes that idea. That a really cool looking Jeep. But where does the child car seat go?

B

bigred1969

Just got the new August issue of JP, recognized it right away from this post. Built it in 18 months, after dragging it out of a field. Sharp ride.

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
That would explain it!

Of course... he could mount it sideways (similar to the factory roll bar mount) and still get it down on the bed to lower the CG. Of course... it wouldn't look as cool then :)

Well, the distance in the bed between the wheel wells is only 36", so there goes that idea. That a really cool looking Jeep. But where does the child car seat go?

Jan-Erik

Basic User
City
Oslo
State
AH

Passenger seat :D Photo from my TJ. My three year old daughter love "her" TJ!

(For your information, I'm not driving long distances with her in the front seat, and no doors. It's just short trips to and from the kindergarten).

60913740d07048a3ae770aa70147bd37-1.jpg