Scrambler model?

rstickley

SOA Member
SOA Member
Just finished the Pinewood Derby here and now getting ready for district. We started to do a Scrambler but my son wanted to combine the design of his two previous ones.

Last edited:

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
I'd be interested in one, if they become available. I have a couple CJ models built, and had thought of trying to take 2 kits, and cut one up in order to extend the bed, and somehow manufacture a cab - in order to create my own Scrambler. Never got around to fooling with it.

Pinewood Derby - remember those fondly. I won two years in a row when I was a scout. Still have the trophies packed away around here somewhere.

jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I emailed the owner of the ebay model. He is going to fix the size of the window based on a link I sent him of the photo of the sliding rear window that is sold on this site. He said models should be ready by spring for purchase.
Jeff

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
Very cool. I'm just going to have to grab one and make a replica of 1:1 version. Any suggestions on replicating the roll cage? :)

sweet , thanks for the link
Gonna have something to do while the boat is in drydock now in stead of just drinking,
wait you can't work on a jeep and not drink what was i thinking:cheers:

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
bigwalton said:
cool. back window is too big though.

someone post when it's available

I contacted the guy and he is suppose to let me know when they become availble.

Don

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Manhattan said:
Any suggestions on replicating the roll cage? :)
You'd be amazed what can be done with the thin pieces of plastic you can get at the hobby shop. Heat it with a heat gun, bend it and glue it up!

JP magazine had an issue with Jeep modesl a year or so ago...boy, was I impressed!

CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I'm gonna buy a bunch of these, make some keep some, and then, a few years form now, when they are not availible, I will sell themb back to you all for 3x the price.

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
CJeep said:
I'm gonna buy a bunch of these, make some keep some, and then, a few years form now, when they are not availible, I will sell themb back to you all for 3x the price.

If your planning on buying a bunch of them, you need to contact the guy and let him know. He's only having a limited number made, and selling to those who let him know they are interested.

Don

jscherb

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
bigwalton said:
I've always wanted to do a model Scrambler with a World Cab, this looks like the start... :thumbsup:
CJeep said:
And I'm gonna make up a bunch of CJ-8-model-sized World Cab roofs, like what I did for the Retro Wrangler pickup model only longer, and sell them to you for a MILLION DOLLARS :evil: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :evil:
:D

CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
BOBCAT said:
If your planning on buying a bunch of them, you need to contact the guy and let him know. He's only having a limited number made, and selling to those who let him know they are interested.

Don
Done!

I also told him to come over to the forums himself if he really wants to stir the pot.

jeffs396

mini Scrambler
Newbie here!

Hi all!
I decided to join after Mike (CJeep) contacted me thru eBay & invited me to come & check out the forums here. Thanks! I'm the guy doing these resin Scrambler models. I really want to make these as accurate as possible, and you guys can help! Since most of you here own 1:1 CJ-8s, what better resource than the people who know these better than anyone :bow: Would also like to thank Jeff (jak inc) for pointing out that the back window was too large :( That's why I need all of you!

About me, I am a Jeep owner (1974 J20, original 401, th400, 205 case, rust-free Arizona truck) My Dad has an all original 1976 CJ-5 with 44K orig. miles, so I do love Jeeps, just don't have a Scrambler (yet), just the 1/24 scale one! ;) I live in NE Ohio, about 10 minutes from 4WD Hardware, and 20 minutes from Davey's Jeep salvage...lots of Jeeps around here!

I look forward to working with you guys in getting this CJ-8 just right, then I'll fix you all up! :)

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
jeffs396 said:
... I do love Jeeps, just don't have a Scrambler (yet), just the 1/24 scale one! ;)
Even if you hadn't have said "yet", we'd have fixed that ;)

jeffs396 said:
I live in NE Ohio, about 10 minutes from 4WD Hardware, and 20 minutes from Davey's Jeep salvage...lots of Jeeps around here!
That's a nice area, I went to 4WD on my way back from AK with mine (they sponsored the trek) and I really liked that part of Ohio. Did they ever go about putting in some offroad stuff in the back part of their property? They were talking about that when I was there in '02.

Sorry, hijack over.

I'm down for at least one of these kits when they're ready :thumbsup:

jeffs396

mini Scrambler
bigwalton said:
That's a nice area, I went to 4WD on my way back from AK with mine (they sponsored the trek) and I really liked that part of Ohio. Did they ever go about putting in some offroad stuff in the back part of their property? They were talking about that when I was there in '02.
Yep, they brought in a bunch of boulders for crawling when they have events there at the retail store, they put on nice shows there.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys!

pssst...anyone have their original body tub off of the frame right now & up on stands to get a pic of the rear underfloor area to see if I got the floor supports right?

Last edited: