• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler newbie

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
Here are some pics of my 84 Laredo. These were taken right after I bought my Scrambler (and figured out how to get the soft top on). I have the half top (which needs some repair) and the bulkhead. Since these were taken, I have taken out the velcro'd rear speakers and the brush guard. I also replaced the valve cover to stop the leaks which the silicone sealer wasn't helping :-).

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Welcome

Nice scrambler and hope you have found a home here!:D I'm really not as bad as everyone thinks i am.............I love my srcambler;)

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Welcome! Nice looking Scrambler!

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Welcome! Nice looking rig, that is my favorite color for a Scrambler.

matnic

Scrambler-in-Progress
City
Rapid City
State
MI
Welcome!

That was the same upgrade I first did to my Scrambler was the aluminum valve cover replacement! Still leaks, though! Got a new gasket for it to put on when it gets above 50 degrees for a few days!

Nice looking Scrambler. I've also wondered what a Scrambler would look like with the CJ7 rear corner gaurds. Now I know!

Copper Cohiba

Basic User
City
Vancouver
State
BC
Nice looking truck!!

Your chrome rims are in better shape than mine...& painted steps, interesting. Nice touch.

C/Cohiba

mopedal

"It Is What It Is"
City
DAYTON
State
TN
Thats one of the best looking Scramblers I've seen in a long time!
Welcome aboard...look forward to seeing it sometime in person!

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Nice Jeep

mulescj8 said:
I'm really not as bad as everyone thinks i am.............

Actually, he's worse! But we still like him anyhow. ;)

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That is a sweet looking scrambler, what part of the country are you in?

Welcome to the best Jeep site on the net! Great pics too ;)

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
Thanks for the welcome :-)!

I really like the Russet metalic (I have the real name written down somewhere) as well. I am looking forward to getting the hard doors I bought off of e-bay straightened out and painted to match.

Now I just have to find an engine (probably a 4.0) without too many miles so that I don't have to spend 5 minutes starting it every time I want to drive it to work. Oh yeah and some kind of steering stabilizer. The commute from North Ft. Worth to North Dallas is bad enough ;-)!

baldwin

Basic User
City
Lavon
State
TX
So, I take it you are living in the DFW area? If so, we should plan a DFW meet and greet since we have a few around here now.

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
Yep, I'm over near the speedway. My cousin lives in Royse City so I kind of know where it is :-).

Some kind of local meet would be great. I'm not going to be able to get to Moab this year (although one of my goals is to take the Jeep into Canyonlands and Arches NPs, last time I didn't know to rent a Jeep so I didn't get to some areas).