I figured this would be the best way for everyone to voice what they want and what kind of ride they want to do,I too have mine down right now and have a ride coming up in a few weeks so i need to get busy also,just hard to do when the temps are in the 20's and no garage-JC
I have to vote easy since I don't know what I'm going to be able to handle and I'll be needing to drive home afterward. Frankly right now, I'm afraid to even shift into 4WD!
I hope to have my head problem straight and be able to shake her out off road before this get together.
Oh, and if it isn't already obvious, I've decided to ditch the other thing I was going to go to and head out to this instead. I just couldn't resist finally meeting Mules in person and I have to see GreatCJ8's ride all finished and running!
I optomistically voted for the medium trail. I think that would be the upper limit for both man and machine at this point in time. I'm not too proud to take an easier ride. As was already expressed: I'm not looking to do any more body work on the trail and I will need the jeep to get me back to central NC when its time to go home.
Big Walton, glad to hear you're goin'. You think we should caravan? If your rig is anything like mine then another rig (read - support vehicle) is always welcome.
Will the postal do interstate speeds? My ride did last time I had it out on the interstate. That was in October though.
I'm definitely thinking caravan.
I was thinking of heading out on Thurs night, it just seems like we ought to make it worth all the driving.
When I fix the exhaust/head issue I fully expect highway speeds again. I hit 80 on the trip home from AK before all the leak gremlins got to me and also again after Helena and the repair. Even with the leak I can get to speed over time, it's just the hills that need any amount of power that kill me. I don't plan on this being an issue though by the time we're headed to this.
Yup, I haven't looked more specifically at the location, but I can guarantee that 40 is the way to go for the most part. Your timing would be great because I would like to try and work the best part of a whole day since I don't have a lot of vacation here at the new job.
new gears (4.10)
Sorry for the off topic post, but I wanted you guys that might be subscribed to this thread to take a peek at the one I just posted about some used gear that I might really want to get here. I'm looking for advice and suggestions on asking prices kinda quick.
Seasedog also expressed an interest in going. He's in Dunn, NC about 60 miles southeast of here. "They may think it's a movement."
Still gotta sell it to my wife but that shouldn't be too difficult. Got the ford ignition upgrade done this weekend. One more thing off the list, many more to go.
The bad news is my club will not be at the Dixie Run in Windrock in May,they have decided to go to Tellico instead.The good news(if you want to call it that is)I will be!-I told the club i had already commited to this event with Southern and The Scrambler Club and there was no way i was backing out of it!-One of the guys said well i guess the VP of Southern won't be happy with us(He is also a member of our club).I said no he won't be happy with ya'll because i'll be at the Dixie Run.See ya'll there!-JC
Eric - If you get the lift and tires then my rig might be the "rate limiting factor"
JC - With regard to the severity of the trails. What will hold me back more, tires and lift or horsepower. I've got 31" mud tires and no lift. I have a 258 (pretty strong I think) and should have hedders and good exhaust to go along with the ford ignition upgrade. Driver experience should be rated as novice.
As far as selling it to my wife, timing is everything.
Looks like I40 goes almost all the way there. That's great for me and BigWalton and Seasedog and Doug. I dunno how that suits the Va. guys. I40 is 5 minutes from my driveway.
You boys think a CB sould be added to my to do list?