• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler sighted in Disney

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
On vacation this week and while at Disneys Animal Kingdom I spotted a Scrambler. It was kinda Goofy :crazy:

It was pulling two trailers in low gear and a character was on top of the second one. It looks like they opened up the rear wheel opening and used a cj-7 flare. You can see the bulkhead still installed.

Looks like an 81 with the narrow axles... like mine.

They also had a cj-7 pulling another float, A land rover, and a land cruiser. Seems like someone there knows there classic offroad vehicles.

IMAG0415.jpgIMAG0416.jpgIMAG0417.jpgIMAG0418.jpg

Last edited:

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Here's the others...

IMAG0409.jpgIMAG0380.jpgIMAG0383.jpgIMAG0384.jpgIMAG0392.jpgIMAG0393.jpgIMAG0394.jpgIMAG0398.jpg

Couldn't make this one out
IMAG0399.jpgIMAG0400.jpg
IMAG0407.jpgIMAG0408.jpg

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
This has been posted before, but I think your pictures are better than I'd seen. I think it's a riot that they used a Scrambler for that and oddly, I'd love to own that for some reason. I think it's the idea of wheeling it after it's lived that boring life for so long :crazy:

Interesting way to make half doors. Hadn't noticed that before.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hey, that green and blue one was once a CJ-10a! Cool.

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Ok, good eye, I was seeing CJ but had signs of Toyota FJ.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Hey, that green and blue one was once a CJ-10a! Cool.

I think that's actually a legit CJ-10; it looks too long to be a tug. (Unless it's a stretched tug, of course.)

Edit: Nope; pintle on the bumper. It's a tug that was stretched.

Last edited:

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
It was raining off and on all week so I left my good camera at the room. I was taking these with my cell. Just so happened I gave my point and shoot to my mom last week for her birthday. We'll be going back when it cools down in the fall. We got the Florida Resident annual pass for the family. I told my wife and daughter we'll make a point of bringing the SLR and snapping some good detailed pics... of the characters of course.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The front bumper and pintle hitch is the first giveaway, Jeep windshield/hinges with the distinctive 10a metal half top and in the very edge of one of the pics you have you can see the upper corner of the World Cab hard door :smokin:

They modified it a lot obviously, but that started as a 10a. Great use of it with the locked-in-low tcase.

Ok, good eye, I was seeing CJ but had signs of Toyota FJ.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I assumed stretched since they didn't make a 6x6 CJ-10 :) Also, the back fender looks like a perfect extension of the stock 10a rear fender and the location where it starts looks to me like it matches a -10a's short wheelbase.

I think that's actually a legit CJ-10; it looks too long to be a tug. (Unless it's a stretched tug, of course.)

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Could you hear if the CJ10a had a diesel sound to it or or was it noisier than all heck with the parade going on.

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
There was a lot of noise but not so much I couldn't tell if it had a diesel. All the engines were very quiet. I'm sure I would have picked up if it had a diesel by sound or by smell. All the floats were creeping along at a slow walk and would stop occasionally. I wasn't really expecting an off road classics show or I would've been better prepared. Next time I'll bring the good camera and be ready.

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
I personally think they look Goofy and only a quack would put something like these together......:rotfl:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Could you hear if the CJ10a had a diesel sound to it or or was it noisier than all heck with the parade going on.

I believe that they are propane or electric, my main guess being electric. Notice no gas tanks? But there are some odd things hanging down (you'll have to look at the other thread on this) around the t-case area...

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Anybody else notice the wheel opening for the scrambler was wrong. It is a CJ7 opening.

Truck

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yeah, there's no way these have the stock drivetrain or diesel. Too many people around and they'd get sued for making someone puke on exhaust. Similarly, like with the wheel well truck mentioned, they've been so worked over that there's very little left of what they started with I'd bet.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Did a headlight burn out on the scrambler from the time you took the first picture to the second one? Or am I seeing things.