• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler Soft top

tfk00

City
Albert Lea
State
MN
Hey guys
Looking to spare my original soft top doors...
Recommendations on aftermarket brand...
I have a nice set of steel doors to use
Thanks in advance. Appreciate your input...00138848-FF11-4B33-A8B0-B3F899FDD66D.jpeg

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
What are you trying to get? Another half top or a full length? Are you wanting to use the hard doors with a soft top? Let us know so we can give you some suggestions.

tfk00

City
Albert Lea
State
MN
Just brought this home from Tulsa, OK...

I am wanting to get a aftermarket soft 1/2 top that can work with a set of hard doors if such a top is available...
My original soft top and doors are in good shape but with continued use likely will become trashed.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
As far as I know, I don't believe there are any new aftermarket 1/2 tops available anymore. There were factory half soft tops designed for hard doors. The hardware was different so the doors would seal. If you wanted a new top, just get the right hardware and have an upholstery make one for you. The hardware does come up for sale from time to time. As far as new aftermarket goes, you could get a bestop. But from what I hear they still have a lot of fitment problems. I don't personally have one but I'm sure others can expand on this.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Sorry I forgot to mention that the bestop is a full length.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
There is a company called BD-co making half soft tops, in any color you'd like. http://b-dco.com/

You really have to dig through their website to find them, maybe even email them.

They're made to order and run over $1400 last I checked.

Edit: they may have stopped making them for lack of sales, but it wouldn't hurt to ask since they were made to order as it was.

Last edited:

tfk00

City
Albert Lea
State
MN
Thanks much !
Appreciate any input; I’ll also see if a canvas shop can duplicate....although this may be difficult and $$
First time out!
7C5CEFD9-D4F0-4668-AC2A-F827B75D8946.jpeg

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
It may not be since they can measure your current top. My local upholstery shop qouted me around $800 about 5ish years ago.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
It may not be since they can measure your current top. My local upholstery shop qouted me around $800 about 5ish years ago.
Getting really hard to find a shop that can do that these days.

jallan

Jallan
City
Gulfport
State
MS
Here's one on Facebook.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190519-121454_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190519-121454_Facebook.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 42

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Where is that one located. Us non FB people can't find out.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I think the above one sold pretty fast...it was very dry and crackly looking...the hard to find hardware set was all there tho