Scrambler Values ~ all time low ??

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
I don't ever plan on selling RM #1 and I would add another CJ-7 or CJ-8 as RM #5 if I could find a nice origional Red paint decals example.

Anyway, there's like 15 on so on ebay lately, last year junk ones were fetching big $.

Mike Jewel @ Austin Jeeps is discounting CJ-8 decals.

Comparable condition CJ-7's seem to still be holding value.

Is anyone is noticing this? :ZZZ:

jeepdad

I Need 1 More Jeep
City
Kingsport
State
TN
I have. I have been thinking about selling mine but hate to because of the low prices.

Plus I know i'll regret

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
I think original Scrams are holding their value (but how many of these do you see?). The reality is that there just aren't that many original, rust-free scrams out there and you don't see too many come up on eBay.

The heavily modded, jacked-up units are not fairing very well in the marketplace in my opinion and I'm not so sure the 7's are really holding their value that much more. Soooooo, if you find an original Scram which you think you might sell down the road and want to mod I would think twice as putting in a v-8, lifting it, putting in "upgrades" (I love this term when applied to classics as most upgrades are in the eye of the beholder really and only devalue a pure original). Aside from a carb and ignition few "upgrades" really make a difference to the average owner.

Fuel prices, economy and resultant decrease in disposable income are the culprits at the end of the day. The demographics of buyers of collector vehicles up to, say, the $15K range range is changing as these buyers tend to have less disposable income . . . . and thus are not buying! On the other hand I see a number of people who are willing to break the bank for an original due to the nostalgia factor . . . .

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Very well said Dave. Regardless of where the prices are at right now; I honestly believe they will rise again.

I debated doing mods to my Scrambler to make it more capable but I ultimately decided to keep it stock. I may change axle shafts, upgrade to electronic ignition / fuel injection just to improve driveability and reliability.

The main driver for me is that my Scrambler (although in pretty rough shape) was purchased from the original owner and had no modifications... it made sense to me to leave it that way. However; had my Scrambler been lifted and modified; I definitely would have continued the modifications since I really like the way a lifted and built Scrambler looks.

Joe

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
86 CJ Laredo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...oryZ6280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one to watch.

From pictures, I see what looks like drivers seat Laredo carpet is missing.

May have had paintwork as I see rear emblems that say CJ-7 and other that says Jeep with logo are backwards.

I really thought about this one, but being from Rust belt .........

Don't see enough origional CJ-8 as CJ-7 to make comparison.
The Yellow 8 at CB for 25K is really nice.:smokin:

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
What's interesting too is the tinted windows on the HT which normally came with the A/C option--which this Jeep doesn't have. Good looking Jeep--and original.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Laredo

I THINK, maybe wrong on the A/C deal, that all Laredo CJ-7's came with factory tinted windows?

Black or Bronze.

The pictures of the tint on this one looks darker than factory.

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
There was a beautifully restored 81 at the yearly auto parts swap last weekend- for 12K. Drooled alot, the owner was there and I got to talk to him quite a bit. He said if it didn't sell he might just start driving it, and I've seen him on the road a couple of times since. He also mentioned he had an 82, completely disassembled, that he would throw for free in if the 12K price was met. (Or sell for about 1500...can't get that out of my mind, for some reason :D) Heck after selling my two Waggy partsters this weekend, there's room for another Scrambler....:rolleyes:

City
Snohomish
State
WA
If you bought a Jeep for it's resale value, you bought the wrong vehicle.

:p

Drive it, enjoy it, if the time comes to sell it sell it to a like minded individual.

Until then take care of it well, or drive it like you stole it :D

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Seems like this guy has been traveling to La-La land with the Collins boys--

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...arms=39:1|65:3|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Sorry folks, a low mile CJ--Renegade no less--doesn't warrant this kind of pricing--especially in this economy. This guy is just fishing but won't catch anything near his price. I notice a lot of folks on eBay are just fishing for compliments it seems. Nice Jeep but not 50K nice . . . . think of what you could buy for 50K that would actually appreciate significantly in the coming years . . . .

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
82 mile CJ-7

Those are new pics of that museum piece.

I heard that a big time org. Paint muscle car collector bought.

Surely another scam...seller has 0 feedback?

I couldn't/wouldn't own one that rare.
Couldn't even put miles on it.