certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I am not sure when they went from fixed to flip, but the 76-79 CJ's (non-Scrambler) I have had were fixed seat brackets... after that at some point they went to flip style... both had sliders though. I imagine that all the Scramblers would have flip style, unless in 81 they still had fixed brackets they were trying to get rid of?

cb

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I am not sure when they went from fixed to flip, but the 76-79 CJ's (non-Scrambler) I have had were fixed seat brackets... after that at some point they went to flip style... both had sliders though. I imagine that all the Scramblers would have flip style, unless in 81 they still had fixed brackets they were trying to get rid of?

cb
Mine has a flip driver and slider passenger... Or vice-versa, I can't remember, but each seat is different.

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Mine has a flip driver and slider passenger... Or vice-versa, I can't remember, but each seat is different.
Both of the 1982 Scramblers I have owned had/have the fixed driver's side bracket and the flip passenger side. My first one was an early 82 (lap belt only) and the current one is a later 82 (shoulder belt). Both had a seat slider only on the driver's side.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
OK, that makes sense then... much later in the run than I would have thought, but 82-86 with the flips make sense.

cb

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Our 85 Base Scrambler had a fixed driver's seat, flip forward passenger seat. One of my 85 Renegade's had a fixed driver's seat, the other 85 Renegade had the flip driver's seat.

I've since swapped in flip brackets on the ones that originally had fixed driver's seats, but I kept the original brackets just in case someone ever wants to put it back "stock" after I'm dead.

BigAl

Basic User
City
Prattville
State
AL
Drivers side flip with the slider was lower than passenger side fixed with no slider on mine. With the yj or whatever it is, passenger side, no slider, it appears to be about a half inch lower than the drivers side.

BigAl

Basic User
City
Prattville
State
AL
Drivers side fixed with the slider was lower than passenger side flip with no slider on mine. With the yj or whatever it is, passenger side, no slider, it appears to be about a half inch lower than the drivers side.
Sorry