• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Seat Bracket

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
I decided to use my YJ seat brackets for the Scrambler. The fit great. here are few things I noticed.

I now have flip up seats on both side so I can access the back alot easier. The sliders work great on both sides. And....

For those of us over 6 feet tall, I think I gained about 2" of leg and arm room. I know 2" does not sound like much but at 6'-5" I will take everythign i can get. :D

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
City
Highland
State
IL
Are the sliders factory on YJ seat brackets (driver & passenger)? Are they the same height as original? I wanted to add a slider to my passenger seat but it already sits higher than the drivers. At least it seems like it.

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
Mine seemed like it was higher before also but always thought it was because the seat was pulled forward so much more. I used cj sliders on both and sit even and nice now.

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
City
Highland
State
IL
Why did you use the YJ seat brackets? Was it for the flip forward on the drivers seat?

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
That and I like the look. Mainly for the flip. The extra room was bonus.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
What year YJ brackets did you use?

I've heard that some put the front seats closer together, resulting in a smaller space between the seats. That's why you see different aftermarket consoles available. Didn't know you gained leg-room though. That's good to know.

I would like to have flip-up access on both sides though. I've got a set of YJ brackets and sliders that I plan to use for that one day.

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
Well, the title on the YJ I have says 87. I am not sure if the brackets are though. The tub was actually off a 95. They may be slightly closer together but not that I can notice. My tuffy still fits between them nicely.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Stouttrout said:
Well, the title on the YJ I have says 87. I am not sure if the brackets are though. The tub was actually off a 95. They may be slightly closer together but not that I can notice. My tuffy still fits between them nicely.

Gotcha ;)

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
I am begining to think this tub is a Jinx. It was on the 95 and hit in the front. frame was wiped out but tub survived. It was sold and put on a 93. Front was hit and tub survived. It was then sold and put on the 87 I have. Again, front was hit and tub is up on block in the back. I am almost scared to use it. All the wrecks where the other drivers fault. I think this thing is a magnet. We call it the slut. Been around the block a few times. :rolleyes:

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
City
Highland
State
IL
Until I find a cheap slider, I decided to drill new holes in the old bracket. It moved the passenger seat back about 1 1/2". Because of angle, it also lowers it abit. More comfortable and matches driver seat better. Thanks for the motivation.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
YJ passenger side bracket sits lower than CJ to accomodate the slider. Driver side bracket is similar/same as CJ up until around '91/'92...whenever they changed to the reclining front seats...that's when they switched to the fixed bracket.

jeep1

Legacy Registered User
City
Panhandle
State
TX
I had same problem as RandyLL. It made the passenger seat sit too high with the slider and tilt. How do you tell the YJ seat bracket from the CJ, if they both flip?

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
City
Highland
State
IL
I didn't add a slider yet. I just moved the seat back on top of the original bracket. Hence the 4 new holes.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
jeep1 said:
I had same problem as RandyLL. It made the passenger seat sit too high with the slider and tilt. How do you tell the YJ seat bracket from the CJ, if they both flip?

YJ seat bracket sits about an inch or so lower. I believe the holes for attaching the seat are also different. Can check specifics when I get home.

jeep1

Legacy Registered User
City
Panhandle
State
TX
But no outward ways of telling the two apart except to measure the height?

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Tape measure will have to be it, I think. I pulled down both of the YJ pedestals that I have and even they are slightly different from each other (was seeing if there was a difference in regular round holes versus slotted holes).