• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Seat covers won't fit

tx gyrene

Legacy Registered User
City
Hallettsville
State
Tx
I bought some neoprene seat covers several years ago to use in the restoration of my Scrambler. I had them in storage in the box they came in from the manufacturer and stored in my house. I tried to fit them up to the seats 2 days ago. Both the bottom and top covers are too short for what I believe are stock high back bucket seats for a 1982 Scrambler. I checked my receipt and and packing slip from the manufacturer and both indicate they should fit my Scrambler. It may be possible that I have high back buckets that the PO bought that fit my bases, but are not stock Jeep seats. I don't know as there are no tags or slips in or on the seats to indicate who made the seats or their date of manufacture. I have searched for info on the net for Jeep high back seats that would give info as to height and width of the back and seat bottom so as to compare the info to what is in my Scrambler. So far I have had no luck finding measurements of stock seats. Is there any site that would have this information? If anyone on this forum has any info to help me figure this problem out I would really appreciate the help. The seats are vinyl and in good shape. I just want the comfort of the neoprene over the vinyl. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me solve this dilemma! tx gyrene

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Post up some pics of the seats. Someone will hopefully be able to identify them.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Yep, with pics I am sure you will find out if they are original Jeep seats.