Seat frames

JeepWillis

Basic User
City
Austin
State
Tx
I've asked this question a few times, but does anyone know where you can get the original high back seats? Does anyone reproduce them?

I'm not concerned about the seat covers because those can be bought or made at an upholstery shop, but the solid frame and padding is the prize here.

Thanks

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I've got a pair of high-back frames with original padding you can have for the cost of shipping (from CA).

I believe the frames are in good shape, but it's kind of hard to fully evaluate them without cutting off the padding.

The covers are gone though, so if you want me to peel back the padding in certain areas and take photos, I can.

Anyhow, they're sitting in back of my store for now. I'll get down there later and take front/back/bottom photos as they sit, and post them for you to look at.

JeepWillis

Basic User
City
Austin
State
Tx
I've got a pair of high-back frames with original padding you can have for the cost of shipping (from CA).

I believe the frames are in good shape, but it's kind of hard to fully evaluate them without cutting off the padding.

The covers are gone though, so if you want me to peel back the padding in certain areas and take photos, I can.

Anyhow, they're sitting in back of my store for now. I'll get down there later and take front/back/bottom photos as they sit, and post them for you to look at.
Thanks Pilot, that would be great. You can text me pics

Justin
210-268-2979

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Well shoot... I just downloaded the pics, and deleted them off my phone! :crazy:

Well, here you go for starters. If you need any close-ups, I'll text them to you:

seat frames - 1.jpg

seat frames - 2.jpg

seat frames - 3.jpg

seat frames - 4.jpg

From what I can see of the frames, there is only surface rust. You can see where I cut off two stuck bolts, but those should drill out easily enough.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
They are not hard to drill out, just take your time. And put anti seize on the new bolts.

T&ERun

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ellisville
State
MO
Sorry to hijack the thread but my question fits the topic. Where do you guys recommend to get seat covers that would be similar to original? I want to replace the covers on mine (2 front buckets and rear bench).

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
autointeriorkits on ebay makes good upholstery kits at reasonable prices. 250 for the 2 bucket seat upholstery kit, and the back is another 180 or a little more now. They simplified the front bottom covers by eliminating the small piece of material between the center insert and the top side pieces. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't miss it. It isn't worth my time to make up the upholstery when these are so inexpensive. Using these keeps the classic CJ look, rather than buying new Rugged Ridge cheapo seats with their cheapo look IMHO.

Was the shipping to Jeeperdd affordable. TX to VA is a ways to go.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
CJLaredo makes some awesome looking Laredo seat covers. They aren't cheap, but they're about as correct as you can get without finding a NOS seat.