Seat Questions

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
I bought a '80 Cj-7 the other day and have a question about the seats. The seats are Nutmeg and look like Laredo seats but that's the only Laredo connection. I'd love to find a driver side bottom cause that's the only damage between all 3 seats. Anyone know the origin of these? Here's a few pics:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Those are the one year only 1980 tan highbacks. They are indeed original.

Here is a comparison next to nutmeg along with a homemade seat. These are the same material as used in the 1979 low backs FYI.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Yep, the 80 only blue seats and tan seats had those Laredo looking stripes.

Definitely a hard one to find.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Those are the one year only 1980 tan highbacks. They are indeed original.

Here is a comparison next to nutmeg along with a homemade seat. These are the same material as used in the 1979 low backs FYI.
That's a sexy homemade seat

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Well if anyone has or runs into a nice bottom seat skin I'd definitely be interested. I really like the interior and that's all I really need.

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Ha, I can relate to this one. I have the blue 1980 seat. I got some aftermarket blue seats but the color is a little off and they are really uncomfortable. I'm seriously considering switching to black just so I can have some options. Don't worry jersey, I haven't forgotten about you if I go that route.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Well if anyone has or runs into a nice bottom seat skin I'd definitely be interested. I really like the interior and that's all I really need.
In all my travels and all my Jeep finds/purchases, I have come across 2 badly damaged fronts which I no longer have. Mainly the bottoms, the backs/tops were ok.

cb

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Ha, I can relate to this one. I have the blue 1980 seat. I got some aftermarket blue seats but the color is a little off and they are really uncomfortable. I'm seriously considering switching to black just so I can have some options. Don't worry jersey, I haven't forgotten about you if I go that route.
Thanks Ron, not worried :cheers:

City
Austin
State
Tx
Wow, what fantastic and terrible luck! Those seats are awesome and it's going to be 99.9% impossible to find a driver's bottom. Do they have carpet on one of the bottom sides? If not, at least you may have the possibility of using a good passenger side.

Good luck

jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I have had only one of those seats over the years too. Great looking seat and cool find!

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Wow, what fantastic and terrible luck! Those seats are awesome and it's going to be 99.9% impossible to find a driver's bottom. Do they have carpet on one of the bottom sides? If not, at least you may have the possibility of using a good passenger side.

Good luck
Yes that's it in a nutshell. Usually I'd sell what I got and spend that money elsewhere but I really like these seats. Plan for the Jeep is to repaint it the original color and leave it close to stock. No carpet on the seat bottom so a passenger would work.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Here's one. I may start a build thread in the Non Cj8 section. Just didn't think it would garner much interest here.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Yes a litttle bit better of a chance :)
I may have the repair material and striping needed to repair what you have there, I will check it out and get back to you. I also have a rough rear seat not sure if it's rough enough to cut up.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Yes a litttle bit better of a chance :)
I may have the repair material and striping needed to repair what you have there, I will check it out and get back to you. I also have a rough rear seat not sure if it's rough enough to cut up.
Sounds good let me know what you find. I think my stripes are intact. I'll have to check.