Shortage...

scrmbln dirtbag

Kimchi Bio-fuel
City
Orange Park
State
FL
Found the problem this weekend. It is my starter relay attached to the passenger side fender wall. It's gone bad. Time for the old screw driver arc until I can get the new one.

Update: Got the new starter relay/solenoid today. Which by the way, I don't know how many of you guys have used Rock Auto, but they have my vote. I got this thing for 17 bucks including shipping and it only took 6 days here to Korea. They'll have my business again. Anyhoo, I'll be putting it on this afternoon. Hopefully my my troubleshooting was correct. I already miss driving my Jeep. :(
So not to highjack the other thread any longer I've moved to here.

I replaced the relay this weekend. And after a very weird arc/jump from my room mates dodge the jeep started right up. The battery is gone. I let it run for an hour and it's completely dead. But, when I moved my Jeep I noticed water dripping out from behind my dash. It was in the general location of the radio. So I pulled out my radio and as I turned it sideways to unhook the harness, water poured out of it. :angry: This could quite possbly be where my short was coming from that drained my battery in the first place. I'm assuming the water got in through the cowl during a rainy day. Has anyone else had this issue? I did a quick skim through the repair manual but couldn't find anything about the cowl. But these are my two options as of yet. A. Take off the cowl vent and see if I can locate the crack/hole what ever it is and fill it with sealant. or B. Take off the cowl vent and take it to a machine shop to have a piece of steel cut to match and just put the steel plate in it's place. What do you guys think?:confused:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Look on here for fresh air vent or something similar to that. I believe the drain hole plugs up with crud and it finds another way to drain, generally into the Jeep. Haven't gotten into this one myself though.

Could also be from the windshield possibly if the gasket on the bottom has issues or you have rust in there somewhere.

There's also a thread on here about deleting/blanking off the fresh air intake, folks who do aftermarket heaters have that issue because they don't have the hookup to the fresh air vent.

scrmbln dirtbag

Kimchi Bio-fuel
City
Orange Park
State
FL
Yeah I think you're right. I was just wording my search wrong. I read JMarkel's post which is exactly the same thing I've got going on. So I guess once it stops raining some time this week I will get out there with some silicone and close up the hole until I can have a piece of sheet metal made to cover it up.
PS. I also thought of the sheet metal roof over the radio, but would prefer to have it not leak at all. This is my daily driver and I wear a suit at times. :cheers: