bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
This is courtesy of a thread that @Jeep Addict has going on setting up fog lights. I thought this photo would be a great help for folks who are looking to add things to the under dash/interior fuse block so that you can understand what power ports are connected to what fuse.

It may be on here already, but it's worth a repost.

CJ under dash interor fuse block power feeds.png

gr8dain

Hater of Electronics
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
This is awesome! I needed this yesterday when I saw that i popped that fuse connected in the radio circuit. I leaned that they are connected by popping that fuse.

Thanks for posting this. I will use it for adding in my stereo as well as the GMRS.

By the way, is the IGN circuit always hot or only with the key on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave The Sparky

Scrambling Across The Pond
City
Halifax
State
UK
Definitely hot with key in ignition position and presumably when cranking as well, off at all other times.

Hoover

Bronzed Member
Lifetime Member
City
Livingston
State
AL
And here is a source for the power tap plugs that fit the GM style fuse boxes. Although each plug has a unique 'fit' to the position where they go, I've trimmed a little plastic off the sides of a couple to use in other locations on the fuse block.

gr8dain

Hater of Electronics
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
And here is a source for the power tap plugs that fit the GM style fuse boxes. Although each plug has a unique 'fit' to the position where they go, I've trimmed a little plastic off the sides of a couple to use in other locations on the fuse block.

Thanks. I was wondering about those.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
We should add this info to one of the swap/tech threads too.