• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Smittybilt seats?

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
I planned on using the CJ 60/40 split bench seat, but it'll be very pricey to have reupholstered (probably $350-400+). I just got an e-mail from 4WD Hardware, though, mentioning that Smittybilt seats are on sale (Sale link here). The Smittybilt Super Seat in Black Vinyl is on sale for $159. Has anyone used these seats? Impressions? This may be a less expensive and more comfortable option for me.

Thanks,
Craig

VinnyM

Rolling work in progress
City
Martinsville
State
NJ
They look real similar to the Steel Horse Seats I bought a 3 years ago, and don't see any longer. They have been good to me and are holding up ok. I have the fabric versions.

Vinny

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
VinnyM said:
They look real similar to the Steel Horse Seats I bought a 3 years ago, and don't see any longer. They have been good to me and are holding up ok. I have the fabric versions.

Vinny

Comfy?

Jimbob

Basic User
City
Germantown
State
MD
Was steal horse, dont know if they made any quality improvements. However seats were supposedly the only thing that Steal horse made half decent.

I was looking at 4wd hardwares models but probably wont do seats till spring since the old piece of iron is about to become garage bound (let the modifying begin!) for the winter.

VinnyM

Rolling work in progress
City
Martinsville
State
NJ
Sorry Craig, I lost track of this post. Yea there comfy. I went with all three so they match :rolleyes: I did not want the vinyl because I was afraid that they would get to hot and sticky in the summer...

Vinny

cropduster

Basic User
City
oak grove
State
la
quadratec.com has Outland seats on sale now for $99.95. We put a set in our 79 CJ5 and they are really nice. I'm ordering a set for the Scrambler today.

Barryb

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bestop Trailmax Pro. Pricey but worth every single dime.

I LOVE my seats, 10-16 hours in a CJ each day on the way back from AK with no back or butt pain sold me for life (and I'm 6'6").

They're also the most comfortable and supportive auto seat I've ever sat in, period.

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
bigwalton said:
Bestop Trailmax Pro. Pricey but worth every single dime.

I LOVE my seats, 10-16 hours in a CJ each day on the way back from AK with no back or butt pain sold me for life (and I'm 6'6").

They're also the most comfortable and supportive auto seat I've ever sat in, period.

Thanks for the input, but the Trailmax Pro is DEFINITELY out of my price range. The Sports may be an option, though, if I don't end up using the 60/40 split bench.

BTW, I assume (from lack of response on the other thread) that you don't need the defroster cable/pull-knob, right?

Craig