• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Soft top window replacement?

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
So yeah, this just happened today. It's not like my top is 40 years old and it's only 35 degrees out or anything. 😏 So anyways, it looks like it was glued on from the factory. What do you guys recommend to use as a replacement? Also, what do you use to attach it? Glue or have it sewn on? Thanks.

PXL_20211113_221105335.jpgIt's hard to see in the pic, but the date is 2/14/81PXL_20211113_221114463.jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
That happened to a door window on mine about 35 years ago when a young punk decided to break some windows on cars with bottles in a parking lot. Other than replacing it, I found nothing at the time to fix them. I ended up using a thick strong 2 inch clear tape to patch it. I will be interested to see if there is anything to fix on the tops.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
There may be a thread on here somewhere about window replacement. I remember someone replacing the windows on a soft top and it looked decent. Maybe try a custom upholstery/convertible top shop.