• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Someone called it a TJ 6

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Chasing an electrical gremlin, head/running lights not working.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I got it!! I finally got the lights working again. New switch with the wires in the right place worked wonders. Now get the dimmer switch positioned and screwed down and back to driving it again. Now that the brakes are right I need to take it out and burn them in properly.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Switch an original type Jeep switch or something special ?
Original type. First one failed. Second one wouldn't hold the knob shaft in. Third time was a charm.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
While playing with headlights I noticed the voltmeter was only showing 12v with the engine running. Had the alternator checked it had failed. It was the original one that was on the motor. So down to my favorite parts shop. They suggested self energizing alt, I bought it took it home and found it would not fit my mounts. So I took it back. They tried find a standard alt. could not find one in our small town, ended up buying a model for a different engine and changed pulleys and re-clocked the case to fit my brackets. Back working again. Starting to drive it around as my daily driver for a while and see what other gremlins pop up. I am liking the way it drive smooth ride good handling. The brakes are working great. Looks like it is going to be fun to drive.