• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Source for pure copper stranded wiring for my jeep?

RichandPoor

City
Suffolk
State
VA
Finding it hard to source pure copper auto wiring. Seems like everything is copper-clad-aluminum which seems terrible to me as it would probably break faster due to the aluminum content. Pretty sure I want to use stranded, pure copper wiring for all electrical wires on any auto/trailer application. Anyone else have a different opinion or source?

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Finding it hard to source pure copper auto wiring. Seems like everything is copper-clad-aluminum which seems terrible to me as it would probably break faster due to the aluminum content. Pretty sure I want to use stranded, pure copper wiring for all electrical wires on any auto/trailer application. Anyone else have a different opinion or source?
Depends on your planned use.

Here is some info on types and heat ranges:

Here is one available source:
Go to "Hook Up Wire" tab

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
85854B67-0062-4DB6-9E68-6A60ACBE60DB.jpeg

Been buying my wire from this company for years. Excellent quality. Great selection of insulation types, colors, gauges, etc…