• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Space behind bench seat

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I just installed a fixed CJ back seat into the factory location and I was a bit surprised by how much space I had behind it. I had wondered if I'd still have room for my spare tire (33x12.5-15). I'm measuring about 37"'s from the back of the seat to the tailgate. Just an fyi. :thumbsup:IMG_20190815_115700851.jpgIMG_20190815_115652743.jpgIMG_20190815_115646553.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Prior to paint I relocated the mounting holes for the rear seat backwards a good foot and a half, so that it would press my Jeep box against the tailgate and keep it from sliding around. It's a better fit there than behind the bulkhead.

Alamo CJ8

Alamo CJ8
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Before my restoration I had a fold and tumble. I put some basic loop style tie downs in, the cheap ones you might use on a trailer, and they were great. I had a small bungie (maybe 4' x 4') net that would hold loose items from sliding around. It worked really well for me.