Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
In another thread on here I learned about the late 1985 only "Spring Special" package offered on CJ-7's (I will attach some pics here for archival purposes). What other special packages were offered on CJ's (not just Scramblers)? What did the package include? Of course add pics if you have them! I'm particularly interested in the '76-'86 years but earlier ones are cool too. This is not only adding to my knowledge base but also helps when I'm searching for parts to know what I'm looking at. I'm pretty sure I saw a set of the "Spring Special" seats for sale but I just thought they had been recoved so I didn't think much of them. :banghead:

Spring Special pics:

Last edited:

JEEPTHRILLS

Legacy Registered User
City
State
Holy crap....I had one of these...years ago! Never even knew it was special. Gotta find the old pics!
I loved those seats!!

Last edited:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Of course the '82 Jamboree is another special edition CJ that I know of. It was a Laredo package CJ-7 that came with special Topaz Gold paint, decals, Chrome front bumper and rear bumperettes, black seats with gold "Italian purse" stripes, brush guard and light bar, Jamboree spare tire cover, and numbered dash plaque.

Last edited:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Lone Star Edition

I have a NOS dash plate for Lone Star Edition .....TX CJ :smokin:

Also there was a Silver Anniversary for a CJ-5

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Has anybody heard of a "Tracker" edition CJ? Back in the mid 80's, I remember a CJ-7 that this older gentleman drove that had Tracker on the hood that I would see from time to time. This CJ was as original bone-stock as it gets including the stamped steel wheels and the tiny original tires. I would doubt that the owner changed or added the decals to the hood but there's no telling if the dealer at the time added it.

Pathkiller

Legacy Registered User
City
Lorton
State
VA
Dealers added all kinds of stuff to try to sell Jeeps. Throw some vinyl stickers on it and call it a special edition and there you are. I saw a recent vintage Wrangler that was the "Georgia Bulldog Edition." Obviously it was a local dealer add on.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I've seen two of the Black Hawk edition or something like that. Not a Golden Eagle but close

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Golden Hawk

I've seen two of the Black Hawk edition or something like that. Not a Golden Eagle but close
Have pics of Golden Hawk & Lone Star (Texas Edition) Jeep and dash placque in photobucket...takes forever going thru pics.

Think I have brochure in library and a picture of blue Lone Star Jeep

Found these while brousing in photobucket

Golden Eagle

Also not mentioned Super Jeep

CJ Limited

Surrey :D

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I've got pic of FSJ Cherokees with Golden Hawk package, never seen J Truck,...but maybe.

Found pic of Golden Hawk:

Maybe it was the FSJ's I was thinking of. That Golden Hawk is awesome! What years was that offered? Any other info on what was included in the package?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Did a little research on the Golden Hawk package and found this:

from the book "The Story of Jeep", 2nd edition

"In mid-1980, Jeep's product planners developed a pair of limited-production Jeeps to create some excitement in the market. The CJ Golden Hawk available on both the CJ-5 and CJ-7, included a tri-tone stylized Hawk decal on the hood, tri-tone striping on the body, gold-colored wheels, tan top and high-back seats, fog lamps, and a host of other trim bits. The Cherokee Golden Hawk featured similar decals and stripes, a black tubular brush guard, and bronze tone glass on the rear side windows. As bold and eye-catching as they were, the new Hawks failed to sell in large numbers. The market simply wasn't there."

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Here are a few more '82 Jamboree pics I found while going through my picture files. It does have an aftermarket lightbar, not the correct OEM one.