bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
After my cooling fan failed in Moab and I replaced it with a temporary and sub-optimal alternative I was running hot and tried to figure out the temperature where the warning light in the CJ speedo turns on, off and what is the “H”.

I couldn’t find those temps listed anywhere, so I emailed them. Here’s the reply:

1. Temp warning light comes on at 220.
  2. Temp on H is 260
  3. Light goes off when temp is below 200
FYI

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I wonder if they can reprogram them?

The 4.0 comes with a 210F stat. If I remember and really wants to live there; bugs me a bit that it is always about 2/3 to hot....

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I wonder if they can reprogram them?

The 4.0 comes with a 210F stat. If I remember and really wants to live there; bugs me a bit that it is always about 2/3 to hot....
I’ll all but guarantee that they can. I need to look that up. I’ve had the wrong thermostat in my 4.0 if that’s true.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Asked and found out that this is not something they currently customize. I pointed out that the normal operating temperature of the 4.0 is 210 so something like 235/220 is a better option for those of us running it.

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Haven
State
UT
Does the gauge pull from the coolant neck or the head? A 195 degree t-stat will read 210 @ the head and a warning @ 220 seems good.