hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Hey folks, has anyone used or know of the quality of SpeedHut gauges? I have been looking at putting in electric speedo and found SpeedHut gauges among the tons of gauges out there.

The neat thing about the SpeedHut gauges is you can customize them, they are made in the USofA, and they have turn signals and high beam indicator built in.

Another question: Anyone using a GPS speedo? The GPS speedo's do not require a transmission sending unit, only a GPS signal.

Here are some pics of the speedo's. I configured them to my own tastes, but their are a LOT of choices you have for customization. For instance, I chose the dial face color, the needle color, the tick mark color and style, the font, added the "CJ-8 Scrambler" text, and the Flames, and it has a black face with red letters at night.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Wow...never seen those before. That's awesome!

I have the VDO electronic speedo in my Scrambler- but I also have a 7" screen stereo/navigation unit. I never really look at the speedometer, because the nav unit has a large digital speed readout. It's 100% accurate.

Hmm...seeing as the speedometer has GPS built in, I wonder if there's a lead out for a remote screen, like an Ipad so you could hvae full navigation?

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
The GPS gauges also display altitude, 0-60 time, highest rate of speed (scary in a old jeep), time and direction.

Pretty cool!!!!

Sent from my LG-E970

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Nope, they sell sizes from 4.5, 4, 3.5 and on down. Haven't found anyone making a 7" Speedo.

Sent from my LG-E970

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Last edited:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
would be sweet if Speedhut made them stock CJ size. I'd be all over that!!!

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I am an unprepared pest. GGrrrr.. Does anyone know off the top of their head what the size of the Jeep CJ speedometer is? Speedhut makes a 4.5 speedo which is the largest...also makes 4 inch and smaller. To make a bigger one to specifically fit a Jeep, they would need a few hundred interested buyers. What would it take you to be an interested buyer?

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
If its the same price as their 4" ones, id be VERY interested!

Sent from the future via Skynet computer

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
SpeedHut Jeep Gauges - Might be Interested in Making Them!

Just got off the phone with SpeetHut and one of their development guys, Aaron. They are interested in taking a look at whether they can produce a gauge that fits in our speedometer hole and provide the same information.

How many of us are interested? Any way we can make that a Forum Survey?

What I am asking them for is a GPS speedometer that is the same size as a normal Jeep speedo, has fuel, and voltage (because I prefer mechanical water temp...but that is just me) or water temp, turn indicators, high beam indicator and 4wd indicator. I actually do not care about the 4wd indicator because I know when I am in 4wd, but for the purist, probably a good idea. Plus, I suggested that a 100mph top speed would probably be most realistic.

They have asked for the following:
1) a high resolution front facing picture of the stock gauge with all the lights on
I need some help with this one as my speedo is not mounted and I cannot produce this yet. Can someone email me a high res photo?
2) measurements of the gauge and its mounting points and hole including the gauge face and bezel
I will do this this week as my dash and gauges are all in my basement as I rewire my dash. I'll produce some good pics and use my micrometer to provide measurements.

3) any one have an old busted speedo that they would like to donate, if it comes to that?

And, they are made right there in Utah. :usflag:

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I am closing out this thread to start a new one as the topic has changed as well as the objective. ~ Jeff

Just got off the phone with SpeetHut and one of their development guys, Aaron. They are interested in taking a look at whether they can produce a gauge that fits in our speedometer hole and provide the same information.

How many of us are interested? Any way we can make that a Forum Survey?

What I am asking them for is a GPS speedometer that is the same size as a normal Jeep speedo, has fuel, and voltage (because I prefer mechanical water temp...but that is just me) or water temp, turn indicators, high beam indicator and 4wd indicator. I actually do not care about the 4wd indicator because I know when I am in 4wd, but for the purist, probably a good idea. Plus, I suggested that a 100mph top speed would probably be most realistic.

They have asked for the following:
1) a high resolution front facing picture of the stock gauge with all the lights on
I need some help with this one as my speedo is not mounted and I cannot produce this yet. Can someone email me a high res photo?
2) measurements of the gauge and its mounting points and hole including the gauge face and bezel
I will do this this week as my dash and gauges are all in my basement as I rewire my dash. I'll produce some good pics and use my micrometer to provide measurements.

3) any one have an old busted speedo that they would like to donate, if it comes to that?

And, they are made right there in Utah. :usflag: