Stainless Exhausts for Scrambler

jmarkel

Scrambled for Life
City
Fairfax Station
State
VA
Hi all,

I am seeking some opinions for a stainless exhaust. I've done a lot of research, and even had some exchanges with Borla and Magna flow but they didn't really answer my questions, so I'm coming here for the real experts.

I have a 258 with 4.0L head conversion, howell efi, and a borla header at 2.25". I obviously want to see if we can take that 2.25 all the way back to the muffler and exit if I can, but realize that maybe a 2.0 outlet will be fine. I just don't know.

Anyway, I cannot seem to figure out what part number I need from any manufacturer. Not because of the muffler itself, but because of the section from the muffler routed to the back. Everything i look at seems to be for right side vehicle exit, when obviously we want left side here.

So, does anyone know what I need for this? I'd like something with a relatively muted sound. I just am hitting a wall and would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Jarred

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I'd look for a good local muffler shop. Some of them will even test fit and let you hear them....

my 2 cents!

Good luck

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yeah, I don't think you're going to find anything off the shelf, we're too odd :crazy:

I would have the same recommendation, find a local shop that's well-recommended by a local Jeep/offroad club and go in to get exactly what you want. Take the Jeep to them in advance to discuss it and you should get an idea if they're interested and able to do what you're looking for. Failing that, any hotrod club should have recommendations.