• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Starting over

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Well here we go again! After 10 years building a scrambler and then giving it to my wife I’m back to zero.
But while at the national event I was told to build another one ! Never did I think my wife would ever say that! So hell yeah Sounds good to me.
Starting to look now for one so I will be ready for next year. Debating should I get one already running and road worthy or just start sourcing parts. Running and driving seems the fastest way but also somewhat of a waste because I know I would just dismantle it to put what I want in it. If I just bought a frame and tub and started from there is it still a scrambler? Let me know what your thoughts are

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I'm a big fan of drive-able projects... I vote for finding a running and driving Scrambler! :thumbsup:

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Wonder what this will bring

jeepnjon

City
Cumming
State
GA
Wonder what this will bring
Not sure how nice of a Scrambler you're looking to start with but I've been on the fence about selling mine. I'm also located in Cumming.

Attachments

• Blue 1.jpg
    Blue 1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 19

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Not sure how nice of a Scrambler you're looking to start with but I've been on the fence about selling mine. I'm also located in Cumming.
Well I would say that’s close. What are you asking
Or just text me 678-446-4496

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
You go Larry, we’re watching. Paula did a great job driving on the trails. Good to meet y’all.

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Never heard from jeepnjon so I may have found 1 in Florida. Going to go look at it next week. Thanks John I’m positive it was the people we met that made the trip great

jeepnjon

City
Cumming
State
GA
Never heard from jeepnjon so I may have found 1 in Florida. Going to go look at it next week. Thanks John I’m positive it was the people we met that made the trip great
Hey Larry - sorry for not seeing this earlier as I don't check here often. I sent you a text.

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Glad u decided to keep it. We need to get a few more in the area

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You’ve got one that runs and drives, I’d say you’re in the perfect spot to buy some disassembled project for cheap and build it the way you want. Find good bones and go from there with the ability to sell off what you don’t want from the initial buy.

I do think you’d want one “proper” with a title.

Oakley

Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
You’ve got one that runs and drives, I’d say you’re in the perfect spot to buy some disassembled project for cheap and build it the way you want. Find good bones and go from there with the ability to sell off what you don’t want from the initial buy.

I do think you’d want one “proper” with a title.
Yes I do want one with a title and vin plate. Georgia will not give me a title back when I register it so I just use bill of sale.
Probably enough parts on here to build one