• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Steering stabilizer gone!!!

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
maybe for good. after finally having ever thing on the old black 8 replaced in the front end I had decided to take it and have front end aligned, after all the new stuff it just would not drive like i thought it should. it would wander and you had to stay after it, my son would not drive it, LOL It had a steering stabilizer on it but i took it off to give the front end shop one thing less to mess with, was going to paint it and reinstall after i got it back. well on the way to the shop it drove like a new jeep!! got the alignment done it was about the same or little better.
could a stabilizer cause all that crazy steering ???

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
Do you have a lift and what is your caster? If you have a 4in lift you need shims in the front. I even do 2 deg shims on 2.5in lifts.

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
It has lift, just enough for 33 inch tires. shop had a print out all that was good,

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Wouldn't think it would cause problems unless it was binding somehow. FWIW, I haven't had a stabilizer on my Scrambler for many years and I don't miss it at all.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Wouldn't think it would cause problems unless it was binding somehow. FWIW, I haven't had a stabilizer on my Scrambler for many years and I don't miss it at all.
Ditto.....I haven't run one for a long time.