Steering wheel question

Super 8

Legacy Registered User
City
Bozeman
State
MT
My new to me 83 Laredo has the steering wheel with solid arms. It is not wrapped. I am trying to figure out what the factory Laredo steering wheel would have looked like. Thanks for any help!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
The basic YJ wheel comes with exposed spokes and no leather wrapping. It looks like a Laredo CJ wheel but without any leather and it is a little shallower. The dish of a YJ wheel is under 4 inches and the dish of a CJ wheel is over 4 inches . . . about 3/4 of an inch in difference. You can measure and see which wheel you have.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The basic YJ wheel comes with exposed spokes and no leather wrapping. It looks like a Laredo CJ wheel but without any leather and it is a little shallower. The dish of a YJ wheel is under 4 inches and the dish of a CJ wheel is over 4 inches . . . about 3/4 of an inch in difference. You can measure and see which wheel you have.
@Kim Dawson already posted here, but he has wrapped a few steering wheels for me and they have come out great... take a picture of what you have and post it up and we can help you out.

cb