• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Stolen Scrambler in Everett, WA

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
Screenshot_20210813-220239_craigslist.jpg
Saw this on craigslist.

This A-hole Stole my Jeep on 8-11-21 from Everett around 6 am.
Call Me or Everett PD.

Thanks for reading this.
I've had this Jeep for almost 40 yrs. Its part of the family.
Reward

Peter
360-280-0662

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Take what you want, but DO NOT “F” with my scrambler!! I’m pissed about this. I hope Peter finds his Jeep.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Maybe a good place to mention this for those of us with our 8s still in the garage: I have an "agreed valuation amount insurance policy" on my scrambler just in case. My family would be very sad if she were stolen but at least it would go some way towards replacing her.

These are not very difficult to get and certainly provide a modicum of piece of mind. As scramblers become worth more and more this might be something we should all consider.

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
Maybe a good place to mention this for those of us with our 8s still in the garage: I have an "agreed valuation amount insurance policy" on my scrambler just in case. My family would be very sad if she were stolen but at least it would go some way towards replacing her.

These are not very difficult to get and certainly provide a modicum of piece of mind. As scramblers become worth more and more this might be something we should all consider.
is that something you had to request, and what insurance company do you use?

Chamba

SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I use State Farm. But farmers also offers it. You have to provide them comparables and a full set of pictures for the vehicle. You then come to an agreed value and they charge you based on that value. It is surprisingly affordable given this is not a daily driver.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I use State Farm. But farmers also offers it. You have to provide them comparables and a full set of pictures for the vehicle. You then come to an agreed value and they charge you based on that value. It is surprisingly affordable given this is not a daily driver.
Just curious- I know your Scrambler is exceptional. What do you pay monthly? If I had to throw a number at mine I’d probably go $75k. I hate to ask my agent- she has an “understanding” with my while it’s in storage, but I don’t want to scare her prematurely. And what do they consider “limited use”?

Chamba

SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Well, to begin with Randy mine is nowhere near as nice as yours. I'm probably a bit undervalued at the moment only because I did this policy over a year ago.

My agreed value is $37000 and my limited use is less than 6000 miles a year. I seem to be averaging about that although to be honest they've never checked.

All of our policies are bundled so I'm not sure what effect that has on the total cost but I'm paying about $600 a year for the policy. Florida has very expensive motor vehicle insurance due to the high rates of theft. In New Mexico I was paying less than $400 a year.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Well, to begin with Randy mine is nowhere near as nice as yours. I'm probably a bit undervalued at the moment only because I did this policy over a year ago.

My agreed value is $37000 and my limited use is less than 6000 miles a year. I seem to be averaging about that although to be honest they've never checked.

All of our policies are bundled so I'm not sure what effect that has on the total cost but I'm paying about $600 a year for the policy. Florida has very expensive motor vehicle insurance due to the high rates of theft. In New Mexico I was paying less than $400 a year.
That’s not bad. I can live with 6000 mi/year. Price seems fair too.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Chamba what type of insurance is that. Louisiana has the highest in the country, mostly because of uninsured motorists. I'm paying more than you just for liability. Many years back I figured I had bought my Jeep 3 times over on original cost new because of just liability only.

Chamba

SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Full coverage, $300,000/$1,000,000 liability with UM and obviously theft. I get a discount through my labour union, but I think it's only 20%.

I absolutely love Louisiana (I worked on a shrimp boat in Grand Isle one summer when i was in college in 1990) but given how shocked I was by the cost of insurance in Florida I guess it's just as well I didn't move there......

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Sounds pretty good coverage. Things have changed in the shrimp industry. Back when I came here in 77 everyone and their brother were trawling with small boats and bring lots in, and people were everywhere selling them out of coolers for years for $ 1 a pound.