• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

strength of a legend

scrangler

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Topeka
State
KS
As many of you know, our current prez is a very powerful man. In many ways. But this weekend he showed a particular ability I have never witnessed before. Imagine, if you will, a 6 inch cast iron c clamp. You know, the steel clamps we all have hanging on our garage wall or in our tool box.
We were knee deep in a trail repair which required one of these things to be tightened to pull a frame back together. Scott grabs this clamp, which is american made and not some imported cheapo, and starts tightening it up on this frame. The frame starts coming together and then we here this pop noise. Sure enough scott has broken this clamp with his bare hands. I could not have tightened this clamp that tight with a cheater wrench on it and he literally twisted it with his hands till it broke. No weaknesses here or damaged product, he broke a perfectly good clamps with his hands! I just wanted to let you all know that in case you should ever wanna "disagree" with him. :D Impressive to me.

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
I wonder if that bear still would've wrestled with him if he knew Scott could break that clamp with his bare hands! :eek: :D

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Just be careful when you shake hands with him.....:eek: :D . You think that look on Jake's face is because he won the Scrambler? He's shaking hands with Scott!

Scott Mine

Legacy Registered User
City
Arnaudville
State
LA
Funny

I really do not know how to respond to this one, but wait till i see you again and i have to shake hands with you. :p :p Are you sure that clamp was not defective? :D

KSCJ-8

81 cj-8 alias "MLC"
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Empoira
State
KS
Witnessed

Perfectly good clamp until it met its match with Scott. What a MAN!

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Witness #2

I actually have the clamp.
In the other excitement Saturday night, I forgot to figure out who's it was.

I will, of course, take pictures.

No flaws. Dude's just strong as an ox.

Kaiser8

Designer
City
Aurora
State
IL
True Story

As Scott is tightening the clamp I hear him say that he has stripped the threads and it won't stay tight any more. I look down and see the threads are fine. The next thing we all see is my grandfather's clamp broke in half. If he didn't need to go back to help with dinner, we would have had him squeeze the frame back together (with his bare hands) so that I could weld it up.:D :eek:

Kaiser8

Designer
City
Aurora
State
IL
To update this thread.....

Scott was once again proving his manhood.
While on the Loop Train in Georgetown we stopped at the engine shed to check out the work in progress on the old steam locomotives. In front of the shop was a wheel set for one of the cars "trucks". We stood there trying to guess the weight of this thing. Scrangler guessed 650#s and I guessed 1500#s. While we are discussing this Scott walks over and picks the freakin thing up. He estimated it as "heavy". :rotfl:
Freak.
IMG_1864-1.jpg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
He can't be any more precise than "heavy"???? What good is that?? Sissy.

:D

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
To think we went home and missed the Scott Mine `He Man Show'

Kaiser8

Designer
City
Aurora
State
IL
Scott presented me with this plaque while at the CO Scramble of said clamp.
Nice....
IMG_2837-1.jpg

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
How Cool is that?

Kaiser8 said:
Scott presented me with this plaque while at the CO Scramble of said clamp.
Nice....
IMG_2837-1.jpg

Nice job Mike.

Scott, I could use a little help with a flat tire on my tractor (Rubber Tire Dozer). We have it jacked up for you already, just need a little help lifting the tire. Its only a a 77x38x30-R.

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Some of you have met my trail/hunting/fishing partner Jeff. This is the same reason I don't let Jeff use my tools. He went through two 18" made in the USA Crescent wrenches in minutes and then broke my very large channel locks after those working on a trailer hitch frame issue. I make him use his own tools now.

Scott,

I know from my dad all about how heavy those wheels are for the trains. THat is pretty crazy! Those are not light what so ever.

TK