Suspension U-bolts - direct replacements as stock?

jmarkel

Scrambled for Life
City
Fairfax Station
State
VA
Hi there,

I am in the process of reworking my suspension and it will remain stock. In the process, I'm changing out my saggy leaf springs. I ordered up replacements and replacement u-bolts. The U bolts I received: OAI18204.06 from 4wd.com are not the same as the stock. They are thinner. I think these are 9/16 whereas the stock bolts are thicker. I talked to the people there and they said this is all they had, and that other brands were the same.

My question is this...is there some place to purchase direct replacements that are of the same thickness/quality as the originals?

THanks.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Hi there,

I am in the process of reworking my suspension and it will remain stock. In the process, I'm changing out my saggy leaf springs. I ordered up replacements and replacement u-bolts. The U bolts I received: OAI18204.06 from 4wd.com are not the same as the stock. They are thinner. I think these are 9/16 whereas the stock bolts are thicker. I talked to the people there and they said this is all they had, and that other brands were the same.

My question is this...is there some place to purchase direct replacements that are of the same thickness/quality as the originals?

THanks.
Really? The ones I got from qtec are the thick ones that just fit into the holes in the spring plates. Definitely get a second opinion. Not sure of the exact size but I can check.

jmarkel

Scrambled for Life
City
Fairfax Station
State
VA
Really? The ones I got from qtec are the thick ones that just fit into the holes in the spring plates. Definitely get a second opinion. Not sure of the exact size but I can check.
I think I need to rescind this thread. I'm such a dummy sometimes. These are the right ones for my Scrambler front and rear. Somehow, when dealing with my original measurements, I did them in the semi-dark and screwed something up. A direct compare shows these are the ones I want. Crisis averted!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I picked up u bolts for my xj at a trailer supply shop for 1/2 the price of any place online.

Sent from my SM-J320P