I'm planning to call up TDK soon to talk through the frame options and I'm going back in forth with myself on a few things.
- Should I have it powdercoated or paint it myself? I'm leaning towards powdercoating b/c of the durability and my lack of confidence in myself to be able to paint the entire thing properly.
- Is there any reason NOT to have it galvanized?
- Should I get the front shackle reversal? I've read endless threads on the net about the pros and cons and I'm left even more confused than before. Mine will be mostly a driver with just the occasional fire road/trail. I'm leaning towards not adding this simply because the Jeep engineers had to have had a good reason for doing it that way right?
- For those who have used a TDK frame, did you find it to be a 100% bolt-on or were there things that were off that needed fixing/massaging prior to paint/powder?
- Anything else I should be aware of or consider?