LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
hahaha

Nice,
I'm always amazed at what folks catch in pictures. Usually it involves things we have stashed away in the garage and shows up in the background of pictures..;)
But as I said...you are correct...AMC 360. Needs some upgrades and de-emissioning(?) but it runs well and should be well suited to the rest of the goal...I hope!

TXtrailbuggy

It sure is smokey in here
City
Kyle
State
TX
Thats what I have in mine, looks and runs A LOT BETTER without all that emissions crap, cant wait to see what you have in store, so stop teasing and get on with it :D

:popcorn:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Excellent! :cheers: Now screw the teaser BS and make with ALL the pics!!! :angry:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Cruel intentions...?

Sorry guys,
This is indeed the teaser from hel...you know where. I'm still in Iraq so this is all bench racing and trying to figure out what parts/direction to go in. I know what I can do, I know what I can try and afford, and I know what I like...
So with all that in mind...anyone that has an idea or opinion to toss my way, Feel free! I've got nothing but time and ideas. This is a well running blank canvas that will follow most of my builds...form follows function but its a close race.;)
What I could use to start is should I close the other thread about options and just run with this one..rolling it into a build thread eventually?
Once I am back in the good old USA I will be spinning wrenches and burning metal at a furious pace since I have little time and this must stay a DD and the time line to get it put on the transport is unknown but likely very short...

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I know you have at least one more pic of this thing from that other thread.... make with the photos :angry: ;)

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
"reach for the sky...!"

Oh my....Help! I'm being held up by the big Walton!!!:eek:
Heehee...I will try again to get the pics to load but I got shot down last time. Computers are not my friend...
Well, since computers seem as finiky as women (ducks and covers head) I was "allowed" to get them to stick this time?? Sorry they are nothing to jump up and down about but it should give a good idea of what I'm starting with...
And yes Jeff, I just bought this a few weeks ago? Just after my last deal fell through I stumbled across it. Kind of a damned if you do/don't kind of thing but at least I get to build it with my own version of...style? Whatever that may be...ha!
This should be quite an interesting series of events. As most know I am in Iraq so that of course means that I bought this *GASP* sight unseen for the most part. I had the advantage of having one of my friends from the Jeepster club go look at it and give it a test drive for me. He also took some of the pictures that detail the condition and areas that need some love. But it is officially mine which is a measure of relief even if I now have yet ANOTHER project to tend to. At least this one is on a tight timeline which should (SHOULD!!) keep me from turning it from a nice driver to a garage queen...*crosses fingers*
The hard part right now is wanting to get at it. I will have a long, Long time to think through how and what will be getting done to this one. I go home just after (think fireworks)-day and I will be rush rush rush to get stuff done. I have an entire house to pack up in Atlanta and get put into storage. That mess includes my garage full of parts and my 91YJ project (anyone wanna buy it?? PLEASE!). Plus tools, building materials, and even some normal people household stuff :rolleyes: Then, after all that is done and family has been "hung out with", I must fly to Colorado to pick up my New to me 8! It will be a speedy roadtrip from Colorado to El Paso Tx (where I am stationed) where the Scrambler will head into storage until I come back from the sandbox for good. That won't be until around (Gobblegobble) a later holiday...Ahem.
So...here I am. Planning and plotting and dreaming of what is to come. My first thought was to have the jeep dropped off at a qualified 4x4 shop in Colorado while I am here and have them do the wrenching. But I don't thnk that will happen for several reasons..
1- its expensive!
2- all my aquired, good builder parts are in Texas (axles, NV4500, etc..)
3- Even at this point if I gave them a little project I would be afraid they wouldn't finish something in time for me to pick it up.
4-kinda takes the fun out of it when someone else is doing the work.?.
5-it EXpensive!!! The more I pay someone else to do the less I can assemble in parts...and this little Army paycheck doesn't stretch very far! Thanks goodness I don't have kids or a wife! They'd be starving!! LOL!
Well...thats about it fo this time...Hopefully I have satisfied a little of the curious folks? Until next time...tune in later...:thumbsup: