Temp Control Cable??

City
annapolis
State
md
Hey folks,

what does the temp control cable hook to? I am not sure if my set up is a rig job by the po.

the cable goes from the dash knob down to the fire wall to a little stop grommit in a metal housing. Mine was then crimped (with a crush sleeve) to a wire cable going into the heater housing box.

the wire broke. is the cable going into the box correct, or should it be a metal bar set up like the other 2 cables? I ordered my new knob/cable today from 4wdhrdware, and i am not sure of the set up.
I am planning on doing the blower motor swap anyway, so i would like to get it together right.

thanks

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
City
richmond
State
va
Rick - I think I have a pic of that for you...I'll have to find it and post that later tonight. I took pics of all the cables and hookups since I dismantled mine recently and wanted to make sure I get it back together correctly.

Also, I plan to be coming through Annapolis Thursday night...you going to be around?

-Mike W

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
City
richmond
State
va
Rick - checked my notes and pics...

The temp cable (on mine, which I am pretty sure is the stock setup) went more or less straight back to the heater assembly. The cable clipped into a little L-shaped metal bracket which turned it parallel with the firewall, then attached to a metal arm a few inches away. My cables were attached by having been slipped over the arm and then had an axle cap nut holding them on.

Here are a pic of where the temp cable attaches and also what I mean by an axle cap nut.

Hope this helps.

-Mike W

City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
WildTurkeycj8 said:
Rick - checked my notes and pics...

The temp cable (on mine, which I am pretty sure is the stock setup) went more or less straight back to the heater assembly. The cable clipped into a little L-shaped metal bracket which turned it parallel with the firewall, then attached to a metal arm a few inches away. My cables were attached by having been slipped over the arm and then had an axle cap nut holding them on.

Here are a pic of where the temp cable attaches and also what I mean by an axle cap nut.

Hope this helps.

-Mike W
Mike's setup looks the same as the ones I have seen, too, FWIW. I still have the original slip-fit lock rings that hold the cables on the studs, though.

Craig