• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Texas red title question

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Does anybody have experience with transferring a Texas red non-negotiable title.

7FD26EAC-A122-4BC0-A00F-5D8E8808FEF0.jpeg

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
The seller should provide you with the release of lien from First National Bank of Alvin- when they paid off the loan on the vehicle. I would call them at 281-331-3151 and ask for a new or copy of the original release of lien. It is not clean, but you can work through the process. Hopefully you bought it from Clinton M Wolston III- the listed owner on the title or a family member of same.

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Not bought yet.

I‘d imagine that lien is long gone since the title was from ‘91.

But the seller is not Clinton. At least 2 owners since then.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
I would call the bank. Easiest thing is they provide a release of lien (I agree, no way it is active for 30 years). If they wont, you may need to go the lost title route. Since it is non-negotiable I imagine there are not places on the back to transfer title. You could also try to contact Clinton and get a bill of sale from him (not always willing to cooperate). I went through a similar process two years ago on a CJ7- followed the bonded title process. Really not difficult- cost a little more as you have to secure a bond for the book value of the vehicle.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I had 2 Waggys with title issues in OR. On one, there was an outstanding lien. The bank had been bought out and the new bank just signed it off, no questions asked.

On the second one, I had to send a certified letter to the old owner requesting g a bill of sale. If the letter came back unopened/undeliverable, DMV would issue a title with no questions asked as the prior owner was not contactable. I was lucky and got a bill of sale back in the mail. Good luck!