The A and the 8

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Almost simultaneously with the re-discovery and re-acquisition of my Scrambler, Peterson's 4-Wheel & Off-Road reprinted a four-page 1981 review of the Scrambler in their May, 2016, issue. It included a comparison of the newly-introduced CJ8 with a 1929 Model A Roadster pickup (see below). Since my neighbor owns a 1930 Model A, I thought I would create my version of the photos that appeared in the magazine...and maybe improve on them a bit. My neighbor's truck is a 1930 Model A Closed Cab Pickup. He has owned it for 50 years. His truck was manufactured in early 1930 and has a 1929 body since the '29 commercial truck bodies were continued to mid-1930. They made good use of leftover parts in those days.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
W-S
State
NC
A very nice recreation of the photos. The scenery you have as a backdrop is amazing. It's hard to find a single adjective..............God's work.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Beep beep! The Road Runner just went past. Beautiful pictures man.
Looking at that you realise our Heeps are just a natural progression

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
My goodness. Those pics are just so beautiful. It always amazes me when you post pics. I want to see that every day when I leave my house. I hope that you don't take those views for granted. I am guessing not since you seem to know how to photograph them. Wow.

Domin8

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Astoria
State
NY
My goodness. Those pics are just so beautiful. It always amazes me when you post pics. I want to see that every day when I leave my house. I hope that you don't take those views for granted. I am guessing not since you seem to know how to photograph them. Wow.
Well said, I feel exactly the same!

Breal

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Jackson
State
WY
Almost simultaneously with the re-discovery and re-acquisition of my Scrambler, Peterson's 4-Wheel & Off-Road reprinted a four-page 1981 review of the Scrambler in their May, 2016, issue. It included a comparison of the newly-introduced CJ8 with a 1929 Model A Roadster pickup (see below). Since my neighbor owns a 1930 Model A, I thought I would create my version of the photos that appeared in the magazine...and maybe improve on them a bit. My neighbor's truck is a 1930 Model A Closed Cab Pickup. He has owned it for 50 years. His truck was manufactured in early 1930 and has a 1929 body since the '29 commercial truck bodies were continued to mid-1930. They made good use of leftover parts in those days.

[emoji1303]