The big red one aka it needs a name

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Even though I haven't decided which one is getting the world cab when the time comes, I was toying with 'Fauxverlander' but BigWalton groaned disapprovingly :) I had this one in the works for about a month now getting info, pics & video & I finally flew up to Miami this morning to close the deal & drop it off for shipping (which turned into it's own ordeal as things are wont to do with anything worthwhile that I undertake). She's an '85 that was purchased new by the PO's father (he was understandably a little emotional seeing her go, but happy she was going to a good home) & had a frame-off about 6-7 years ago. Carbed 4.0 (4.2 intake with Weber 38) & AW-4 out of a '99 XJ backed by a twin-sticked D300, 30/44 combo with 3.73's riding on 32" MTR's with a Rough Country 4" lift a couple of months ago (I'll be swapping that out with the RE XD's coming off of my CJ-7). Custom bumpers & rock sliders, custom upholstery, Smittybilt winch, Painless wiring & SPOD, Dakota Digital gauges, tilt-column, GR8 Tops cab & bulkhead, etc. 87259936_280203816284967_6520450462083186688_n.jpg 87073067_334389674175410_2295885617164189696_n.jpg 87360768_538288920141737_8001468517046026240_n.jpg 83399368_2262285620743996_4218539602803163136_n.jpg 67438108_10162051770970023_397317086566678528_n.jpg 67822852_10162051770905023_6340748124180447232_n.jpg Raptor lined a couple of years ago. Needs a few tweaks & a handful of parts, but all-in-all a decent rig.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
How about Islander or Waverunner or maybe even Iguana Smasher. By the way, really nice looking Scrambler !

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
OKC
State
OK
When I hear "big red" the first thing I think of is Ricky Bobby...

Looks like a great vehicle to run around the island. Only thing I saw that I would change would be the fan switch, but you wont need that where you live!

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
How about Islander or Waverunner or maybe even Iguana Smasher. By the way, really nice looking Scrambler !
YJ's already used the Islander & there's someone else here using Waverunner. Iguana Smasher :ROFLMAO:...that might not go over too well. Thanks, I think the PO did a pretty good job overall.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
When I hear "big red" the first thing I think of is Ricky Bobby...

Looks like a great vehicle to run around the island. Only thing I saw that I would change would be the fan switch, but you wont need that where you live!
Already bought a knob for it, but just like my other Scrambler, it's just for show...there's no heater box installed. I actually have a cowl vent block off plate on the other one. They're pretty much just for cruising & parades & an occasional trip to work.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
YJ's already used the Islander & there's someone else here using Waverunner. Iguana Smasher :ROFLMAO:...that might not go over too well. Thanks, I think the PO did a pretty good job overall.

Y'know...I was thinking about repainting it with the new Bikini color down the road...just 'Iguana' might work at that point...hmmm...

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
The VIN suggests that this is a Venezuelan Scrambler, which might explain the Dana 44 rear...hmmm...things just got even more interesting.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Went to Florida to buy a scrambler that was from Venezuela, while you have a world cab that originally came from Venezuela too. Seems like there are some stars in perfect alignment.
Weird stuff like that happens to me fairly regularly. The seller was definitely from South America, but I didn't ask where...a little FB dive & Googling should suss it out.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Should be loaded & 'sailing' on Thursday, so I should be rolling next week sometime if all goes well. With the extra time sitting in Miami, I was able to order a Sniper EFI kit to go in the container too (already had new tires for the wife's JLU that's getting lifted & a hydraulic scissor lift going in). Bought a 20' container while I was in Miami too, so I'll have that for storage/garage space as well. My crates finally came in from Ohio last week, so I have all of my tools & parts now too.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
And in keeping with the theme, I'm shipping this in the midst of a pandemic & the island is going into lockdown right about the time the container should be clearing customs... Ship is due Monday, so let's see how quickly we can make this happen...have a feeling I won't be able to take care of the road tax, title or registration. But hey, the cops don't stop folks from driving around smoking weed & I've been declared an essential employee, so let it ride...

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
In light of the world events surrounding your purchase of this Venezuelan rig, maybe name her after the new wave band "China Crisis"?

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Waiting for word on where we are in the process. The container should be on island at this point sitting at the port. With the semi-lockdown in force tomorrow, only brokers (I'm using the same one who handled our vehicles when we moved) can meet with BIR (Internal Revenue to pay the 'road tax' on importing a vehicle to the island) & DMV (title & tags)...they will also handle dropping the container at my house with the rest of the goodies inside. We shall see what tomorrow brings...I'm getting a little antsy, but have to remember we're on island time plus covid-19 time. The broker is a block away from my job, so my tentative plan is to have my wife drive me to work the morning of delivery & have them drop the Scrambler off at my job (they have to drive it out to DMV for inspection) & drive it home after work. We shall see...