• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

The "get me wheeling temporary 7" build

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Glad to see you back on the forum. Can always depend on you for some great pictures of your builds and also nice wheeling pictures and scenery. Your wheeling river shots are great!

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Man, last year was one of the busiest I've ever had. Almost no down time. Zero vacation at all. Moved, worked away from home the whole year, and got only one wheeling trip in. You don't even realize how much you're losing life until you look back on it. This year, it's back to basics. Basics being, wife, kids, jeeps. Work is much less crazy, and I plan to keep it that way. I keep looking at my scrambler, and thinking, "man, this was such a cool build!" And I plan on getting it back in the garage, and back on track again. So it's good to be back!! Thanks!!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Good to have you back. Anxiously watching. :wave:

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Well, a YJ tub becomes a CJ tub. Brackets from the CJ tub cut out, cleaned up, and tacked in to the YJ tub. Holes drilled, and I'm cutting and drilling a 2x1/4" backing plate, for inside the body channel, and tacking the nuts to it. One more to do done.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Armour is back, all done in a rough texture powder coat. Pretty happy with it.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Front springs hung. The old ones were bent from a rollover. And yes, I have boomerangs on order. The shackles want to flip under.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Well, that went sideways!!! 😂😂😂😂 the picture, not the install!! Rear rubicon express boomerangs and rear bumper hung. Pulling the TH350/NP205 friday, and hanging the 700r4/D300 set up. Should be throwing the body on this weekend. Then wiring. Thankfully I still have a brand new painless kit I bought from Eric J. Several years ago!👍🏻👍🏻 Stay tuned!!

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Got a couple things done. The TH350/NP205 is out. And hit up 4WP's parking lot/tent sale, and found an eaton elocker in the blow out area. $1000. For the great white north, I was thrilled. 4.88's ordered now, should be setting those up in the next week or so. 700r4 just needs a final sign off by my mechanic, the advance adaptors kit is in the D300 now, relatively easy. One day, I'll have to invest in a hydraulic press. Poison Spyder 30/44 covers and lube lockers for the diffs. And doing body armour all this week. And hanging the JK tire carrier. Start the wiring harness too.