• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

The JK I ordered came in!

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Hi Gang,

The JK I ordered in November arrived on December 31st. I thought I would upload a few pictures. Time for me to start pulling the engine in the Scrambler and getting it rebuilt and sending off the body for paint!

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 146

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Wow. That's a pretty badass Unlimited right there. How'd you get the body-matched fenders? I thought the Rubi came with the black fenders. I think that configuration - body-match hard top and fenders is, without a doubt, the best combo. You plan on keeping it stock?

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Thanks Manhattan.

You can special order the JK with body matched hardtop and fenders. I am guessing that they don't sell real well because it seems like dealers do not stock JKUs with painted hardtop and flares much. I had to special order because I couldn't find any JKUs configured the way I wanted. I used Jeep's US vehicle search and the search came up empty at all dealers. I wanted a manual transmission as well, and it appears that manual transmissions might be going away. At the dealership I ordered from, their Wrangler stock had only 4 manual transmission wranglers out of 72 wranglers. Yikes!

On Edit: Yes, I will be keeping this Jeep stock. I've done the rock crawling thing with my 98 TJ and nothing that I can see here in NC can compare to rock crawling in Arizona. I despise mud, and it seems to be one of the big draws here.

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Here is the Scrambler carrying all of the half door and winch parts for the new JK:

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 143

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Except the front passenger windows. It came from the factory that way. I don't see tinted windows listed as an option so they must be standard.

Are the windows all tinted out? Looks great..

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Very nice! I don't think you'll lose it in a parking lot!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Congrats....and I see a bumper end cap on the Scrambler ! :drool: (over the end cap) :)

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Thanks Manhattan.

...and nothing that I can see here in NC can compare to rock crawling in Arizona. I despise mud, and it seems to be one of the big draws here.

On the bright side, you're an hour from Uwharrie. It's nothing like AZ (or UT, NV, CA...) but, you can play around and not get muddy. The Rubi' will be perfect for those trails.

I played there a bit in my GW - locked, 4" springs, 33s, rock rails, skid plates, winch, rock bumper... So yeah still not quite a Rubicon ;)

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
I did. I have all the parts and the door shells are at the dealer getting painted. I will post a picture of it with the half doors once I get them assembled.

Did you get half doors and soft uppers for the JK?

Karl

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
I did. I have all the parts and the door shells are at the dealer getting painted. I will post a picture of it with the half doors once I get them assembled.

I love the look and was gonna order them until my friends ordered them with their JKs.

I have 2 friends that have purchased JKs with half doors with soft uppers. They both have buckets of water in the Jeeps after every rain. The dealership ordered one friend a whole new JK after months or trying to fix it and that one leaked the same way also. He is now going through lemon law with the dealer because they cannot figure out why they are leaking. The second friend is just starting his procedure with the dealership. They dont know why they are all leaking, but have said that everyone that has these are complaining.

I just wanted to let you know. So dont be surprised if you get alot of water inside.

Karl

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Very nice!!! I'm not one for the painted flares personally, but I do love the orange.

I was just talking with someone yesterday about how rarely you see the half doors on JKs, I believe you're the first person I know that will have them.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
One of the things I care for least on the JKs are the big plastic fenders. Painted body color looks so much better IMHO. So nice to be able to order it from the factory the way you want it. You did good!

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Thanks for the heads-up. I will test how well they seal with a garden hose after I install them. The half doors will be sunny weather option run mostly without the uppers, but I am sure that I will be caught in the rain with them at some point. Hopefully I can find and fix any leaks after I get the doors installed and before I rely on them.

I love the look and was gonna order them until my friends ordered them with their JKs.

I have 2 friends that have purchased JKs with half doors with soft uppers. They both have buckets of water in the Jeeps after every rain. The dealership ordered one friend a whole new JK after months or trying to fix it and that one leaked the same way also. He is now going through lemon law with the dealer because they cannot figure out why they are leaking. The second friend is just starting his procedure with the dealership. They dont know why they are all leaking, but have said that everyone that has these are complaining.

I just wanted to let you know. So dont be surprised if you get alot of water inside.

Karl

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I wonder if that lemon law still applys to our leaky cjs and yjs lol