Think I changed my mind on color combo, anyone have pics?

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I was sure I was going to go with the Olympic white with the 81-82 yellow/orange decals with spice top and interior. It's such a beautiful combination. I even bought the spice carpet, decals dash ect. But the Olympic white with silver 85 Laredo combo keeps gnawing at me. I'd really like to see what the White with silver decals from other years looks like as I'm not a huge fan of the 85 swoosh over the rear fender. Does anyone have pics of a white CJ8 or 7 with silver decals (other than the 85 laredo)? Many Thanks, I think it would help me make up my mind.

Last edited:
City
Garner
State
NC
Can't go wrong with white and the yellow/orange decals. However I am really leaning towards White w/ Tan Laredo decals, and spice soft top. If I could get the decals with scrambler lettering instead of Laredo I probably would have already pulled the trigger. I do feel you on the swosh though..... 14516525-1985-jeep-cj7-std.jpg

Last edited:

ag4ever

Basic User
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
If I was sticking with white on mine, I would go White/Tan. I think it adds depth to the look, the white and silver just looks flat to me.

White-Silver.jpg

(Image borrowed from jeep-cj.com)

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I think it would look awesome with silver decals in the 81-82 or the 83-84 pattern. And it would certainly be unique. It was very hard to find any white CJs with silver decals. But you'd have to change your interior color scheme. The tan wouldn't go.

Not a great picture, but. I've always loved this decal pattern on the CJ5.
jeep-cj5.jpg

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I like that red/orange 81-82 posted above, on white. And it would go with the tan stuff you already have. 1981-cj8-tan-hardtop-640x480.jpg

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I have an 85 that looked like the one pictured when I got it in 1993. I really want to put it back to the original color, but like some of you, I'm really not crazy about the "swoosh" on the 85-86's.

I've thought about the 84 style, but then the "it's not correct" will drive me nuts. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but nice to see I'm not the only one that can't decide!

Attachments