• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thoughts on this 81

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
At $6k he's not checking what others are selling for and at $2.5k I'm assuming it's basically mechanically perfect to have that much rust.

My take.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
It looks like a pretty much un-molested Scrambler. That's the good part, a lot of original parts, wheel, caps, tire carrier, alluminium rockers, etc. I think the rust kind of deters the asking price by at least a few grand, maybe more. If it has a paper title, up here in the rust belt, you might get 4-4.5 K or maybe a little better. Not sure what your area holds for prices. The frame is a big deal though, check that out very carefully and from on your back. Good luck.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
Why start with a rusted pile that has to be totally disassembled and mostly replaced. Start with something from a drier climate state with a solid frame, decent body and usable with a little work. Worth the trip in my opinion. Look at the usable parts on that scrambler and add up their value and it probably will not even add up to 2.5K. Pass on the 6K pile, everyone else will.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
That frame has rust but does't appear to have rot and the body isn't all that bad. I don't think it is worth 6k but It certainly has some value.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
Why start with a rusted pile that has to be totally disassembled and mostly replaced. Start with something from a drier climate state with a solid frame, decent body and usable with a little work. Worth the trip in my opinion. Look at the usable parts on that scrambler and add up their value and it probably will not even add up to 2.5K. Pass on the 6K pile, everyone else will.
X2.......Although I know some peps like these rusty projects. Personally I HATE working on rusty vehicles.