• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Time to wake up

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
I thought that somewhere here there were pics of jeeps waking up from their winter sleep and here's mine. Temperatures at 60 and lots of rain over the last few days so I risked it hoping any salt/chemicals were not still on the road. I even checked with a buddy on the Highway Dept who salts and he said all good. After 3 months she started right up, gauge readings were good, shifted smooth on a nice easy run into town. Renewed the Hagerty, mechanic gets her next week for inspection and full going over. It's like Christmas morning for grownups!IMG_20210320_155953536_HDR.jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Looks great ! So you cancel the insurance every winter ? Auto insurance here in this state is the highest in the country.

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
Such a beautiful 8. How’s Hagerty been to work with?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Looks great ! So you cancel the insurance every winter ? Auto insurance here in this state is the highest in the country.

I don’t know about Hagerty but Amica let’s you put things in “storage” mode or something like that where they drop to cover just damage to the vehicle. You just have to call them to switch it back before you drive.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I don’t know about Hagerty but Amica let’s you put things in “storage” mode or something like that where they drop to cover just damage to the vehicle. You just have to call them to switch it back before you drive.
Allstate does the same.

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
Hagerty was fine. I had a great conversation with the agent who was very interested in all the details about the jeep. I did not have to show a receipt but I was honest about what I paid for it. We set a very generous insurance value with a no questions asked payout. I got the impression right away that they know what they are doing with the classics-book vs. actual real-world value to the right buyer. Cheaper than what I had before too. BTW I think that especially after seeing that Jeepster concept that there will be a renewed interest in the classics after being cooped up for over a year-got my first business card of the season on my windshield today!