Tintable bed liner?

Root Moose

Fight Entropy!
City
left
State
ON
I've been reading up on bed liners here on the forum today and one thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is a bed liner that has some color options.

Eventually I want to change the color of my Scrambler from red to an earth tone color (today is a YJ khaki day) and the thought was that it would be nice to have the interior bed lined in a similar but different earth tone for a bit of contrast. Black is pretty dark and hot too in the summer. Even a gray shade would be nicer for what I ahve in mind.

What are the options for a colored bed liner?

T!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Root Moose said:
I've been reading up on bed liners here on the forum today and one thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is a bed liner that has some color options.

Eventually I want to change the color of my Scrambler from red to an earth tone color (today is a YJ khaki day) and the thought was that it would be nice to have the interior bed lined in a similar but different earth tone for a bit of contrast. Black is pretty dark and hot too in the summer. Even a gray shade would be nicer for what I ahve in mind.

What are the options for a colored bed liner?

T!
Line-x and rhino liner can do any color and even body match your paint within reason...........................the UV protection can even be added into the mix to keep it from fading to much.............a little armor all does wonders to broing it back also........................

Raven

Legacy Registered User
City
Glen Rose
State
tx
I used speed liner on mine, my brother-n-law had them match the color on his truck & it came out great. They claim to be the toughest spray on liner in the market. Thier web site states that they have Kevlor as an added material. Check out thier website:

http://www.speedliner.com

I have been very pleased with it. I have Rhino in my truck & will never use them again.

God Luck SC

Raven

Legacy Registered User
City
Glen Rose
State
tx
I have had issues with the Rhino tearing in spots. My truck is not a work truck by the way. I have hauled pipe materials to build a barbeque pit and goudged several spots in the bed. The speed liner in my 8 has held up far better to date....

SC

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
Raven said:
I have had issues with the Rhino tearing in spots. My truck is not a work truck by the way. I have hauled pipe materials to build a barbeque pit and goudged several spots in the bed. The speed liner in my 8 has held up far better to date....

SC
I have to ditto this. I won't use Rhino anymore as well. The rack on my 4x4 ATV are peeling bad and I barely use them for anything. They have been sprayed twice. Now I just want the crap off. Anyone know how to strip it?

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
To jump on the band wagon- I will not use Rhino again as well. I like the consistent texture of Linex. I have seen speedliner- you acutually mix automotive paint into it so it can match your trucks paint as close as possible.
---
That being said- I like Linex and will only use them going forward.
Kyle

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Line-Ex can do it but you might have to travel to a store that can do it. The one local to me does only black, but 20 miles away they will do colors.

If you want to spray it yourself. Duraback comes in colors. Supposedly you can do a pretty decent job if you ge tone of those cheep undercoating guns from HarborFreight or Eastwood.

http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

Carl