• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Tire Carriers

scrmbln dirtbag

Kimchi Bio-fuel
City
Orange Park
State
FL
Since I've gotten my Jeep I was wondering what the two holes on the right side roll bar were for. As I was going through the repair manual (a little lght bored reading material), I noticed that it says that is where the tire carrier attaches to. I have a spare tire attached to a rear tail gate carrier lying in the back of my scrambler, but noticed it does not have the mounting holes in the back to accept a rear tire carrier. But going through a lot of the pics on the web; all I see are the rear tire carriers. Does anyone have there's mounted to the roll bar or have any pictures of this? I wouldn't mind installing the tire back in that place although it will interfere with the back seat that I'm eventually going to put in later. But it would be nice to purchase the carrier to have in case I change my mind later.

4miles

CJ-8 Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Rollbar tire carrier

Here is an old ad of a rollbar tire carrier. At least you can see what it looks like.

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Found one:

11043316.jpg

Without modification I think that it's very limited in the size it can fit because of the wheelwell and back wall of the top/divider.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Here are a few I had in my pic file. The first one has a larger size tire but I'm not sure of the exact size.
CJ83-1.jpg

CJ82-1.jpg

SherwoodGreenCJ84-1.jpg

SherwoodGreenCJ83-1.jpg

SherwoodGreenCJ82-1.jpg

Brown841-1.jpg

scrmbln dirtbag

Kimchi Bio-fuel
City
Orange Park
State
FL
See even polar's pictures don't want to show it. (see nothing but red X's)

But it does look kinda cool in the pic you posted Walton. But you're right it looks limited to the space behind the cab. I really would like to find the owner of this thing before my friend bought it to see what it looked like originally. I know the color is different because it was tan the first time I saw it.

Wayne

Legacy Registered User
City
Cape Coral
State
FL
I know we are talking about tire carriers here - but thanks for the Jeep profiles
Sweet trucks.
Thanks,
Wayne.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Pulled down some of his pics and attached them, you may have photobucket issues over there or something.