• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Tool recommendation-

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
A few days ago I recommended a mini bolt cutter for cutting hog rings on seats. After finding a picture on Amazon, a recommendation popped up. A Knipex cutter. It’s all of 6 1/2” long, and looks more like a set of well built diagonal cutters. So I ordered one- not cheap at $41. It arrived last night and while I was somewhat not impressed at the size or lack of compound leverage. Well, I just tried it out on a piece of a spring and it blows the mini bolt cutter away. It took less effort out at the tip than the bolt cutter did back at the pivot. I have several other Knipex tools and have always been impressed. This one is no different. 112B7F98-3C39-468D-88FF-6E2D6FA1B969.jpeg

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
I asked about cutting the hogs rings and such and actually picked up that exact tool the other day, great to know it's worth it. Thanks!