torque arm and stud questions

BDCCLARK

LIFETIME
City
gravois mills
State
MO
I now have a torque arm and stud in my possession. As my jeep had none of this and I've never worked with stock running gear before, I have little more than an idea on how to make all this work. I have asked the googles with less than satisfying responses.

The new stud came with bushings and nothing more. What the heck is a push washer?

As far as getting it all mounted, I'm sure I can figure it out, but if you have some good photos, I'm all eyes.

I feel as if I get it even remotely close to how it was intended, it will be way better than the way it is currently, which is no torque bracket at all and a broken transmission mount rigged in sort of with one bolt.

Chris

City
Halifax
State
UK

Maybe not the best example from my build thread as its all a bit of a mock up but i think this shows the order of things with the torque arm bushings..
On a standard transmission that hexagonal bit which looks like a nut but is part of the torque arm stud should be sat on the skid plate and bolted down tight. (i need to make a spacer for mine as the transmission is higher up).
The gearbox mount plate bit is actually free to move in between the bushes and its not a tight fit like bushes normally are. in fact its got quite a bit of movement if i remember correctly.

BDCCLARK

LIFETIME
City
gravois mills
State
MO
Thank you Dave. That's pretty much how I had it figured, BUT in a few different illustrations I have found there is something called a push washer between the stud and the skid plate. I could be way wrong, but that's how it looks and I don't have a clue what that is. My plan is to move forward just like you did and hope for the best.

Chris

City
Halifax
State
UK
Maybe there is supposed to be a big washer to spread the weight a bit on the skidplate to stop it punching through but i dont recall that being the case if so.
There will be someone on here who will have an OEM bushing setup who will chime in i am sure.