Transporting da Childrens?

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Hey guys! I hope everyone is having a good day. Don't be jealous but it is sun shiny and 78* here today which leads me to my question. I take my boy to daycare every morning and right now have the full hard top on with no doors. Perfect ride in the AM with some sleeves. Anyway, I am about to take the hard top off and I was going to put the full soft top to have the coverage over him in the rear. However, the windows are too far gone to use the soft top until I can get the vinyl replaced somehow so that leaves me with nothing but a regular old bikini top. I would really like to have some cover over him for when the sun is bearing down so he is not miserable riding. What are you guys doing for extended coverage over your passengers? Pictures would be great!

Thanks!

FlagJeep

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Flagstaff
State
az
I had the kids out with the top off the Jeep this weekend and was thinking about the same thing. I through an internet query in to http://www.spiderwebshade.com/

Looked like they have good product, just not sure they will help me out on the scrambler. If anyone else finds something though I am interested as well.

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
On a trail ride, when they are going to be in it for a while, sunscreen and a hat. Other than that, nothing. If it is going to be super hot, then we probably won't be in the Scrambler anyway. They have also ridden in it in the rain and light snow. I felt guilty that my bikini only covered the front seat, so I removed it to make sure I got just as wet as they did.
I will admit that my wife was uncomfortable with the boys riding in the front with no doors, so I picked up some hard half doors from a Wrangler. That keeps her happy.

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
This is why I really love my soft top with rolled up window safari style but it is just too shot to use. I would just buy a new best top but I don't have a grand laying around to do so and I don't really want a black top either. I will probably just figure out a way to use the hardware for the soft top and have a bimini top made to fit it. It will cover the full length of the passenger like a JK would. I'm not worried about rain and stuff blowing in from the side because of how inset the seat is. This was last night on the way home from supper. I had been working at a friends house and met lil mama and squirt for dinner and of course he had to ride home in the Jeep.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Nice.

Using flickr to link images is a pain, you put the page URL, you have to dig a bit to find the actual image URL:

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Yea just figured that out. They have changed the website since the last time I used it. I kinda like it better now.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I actually had the exact same idea of that spidershade, but basically getting some material to sew onto the existing YJ top to extend it down about 1/2 way for when it is sunny, but be able to roll it up and out of the way when it is just me.

I know this isn't a Scrambler, but it goes to the thought process of maybe taking a bikini top and extending it with some sunshade material and then having them covered.

The top is just like a foot to short in my opinion.

cb

IMG_2949.jpg

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
You might just try a Bikini top for a LJ and try to lengthen the rear straps. Coming off of the Roll Bar to the rear sheet metal should be high enough for little ones to keep the top off of their head.

I like the Spider tops got 1 each for the CJ-7 and the TJ. You might see if they have one for an LJ or if they will make you a longer one for the Scrambler.

Carl

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I ran the LJ all last summer with the soft top up and all the windows removed. It worked perfect to keep the sun off both kids in the back seat.

This summer I am running the Scrambler and am thinking about this one.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11027_15_07.htm

Has anyone had any success with this one?

The full black hardtop with the doors removed is already too stuffy with our current temps.