LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Ok guys

I bought a Used under dash AC unit...needs to be cleaned up and painted

here is my questions...the parts that go in front of the radiator...the fins are bent...the unit looks old and the hoses are old

Any of you that replaced these or bought just the under the dash unit and had to come up with the rest please give me some ideas and direction/suggestions on replacing the condenser, the hoses and the dryer?? So I can get this part put in soon and be ready for the summer time heat :-)

Is there a way to look at the unit and tell what year jeep it came out of??

Thanks

City
Maryville
State
TN
I am thinking about adding A/C to the Scrambler I just bought & will pick up in 2 weeks. I have parts that originally were on an 87 YJ & I had them on a 91 YJ for awhile until we did a frame off restore & gave that one to my son. The biggest differences are the compressor - CJ not siure what it used but may be Yrk. YJ from 87-90 I think also uses a York as that is what I took off the 87. The 91 & up use a different for the 4.0L motor. I purchased separately & then had a friend that helped me get it going. I had to do different wiring between 87 & 91 where it tied nto wiring under dash. On the 91 it lasted about 8 months before it developed a leak & since it was R12 & a Jeep, I never fixed it. I know I have seen replacement condensors & driers but not sure where I saw them. I think maybe 4WD or Quadatrek might carry them. Good luck & I will probably be soon behind you since we decided not to add to the 91. !@8 yr old teen agers do not need A/C! well and in summer it has doors off all the time anyway........ :+)

manicman1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
thanks Jack

I got one now

We are pressure testing things now...hopefully I don't have to replace many things